Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B737 drops an Engine on take-off. The story 10 years later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B737 drops an Engine on take-off. The story 10 years later.

One-Engined-Zulu : 10 years ago the #2 engine fell off after take-off. Here is an opinion piece of the incident published yesterday.
    I wonder if this could make a good movie

Ten years ago ago the right engine of a Nationwide Airlines Boeing 737 fell off on take-off from Cape Town, Mark D Young tells the story

Originally posted by Viv Pike View Post
    I wonder if this could make a good movie
    Yes, here is part of the script:

OEZ, this is Control.
    Control, standby.
    OEZ, this is important.
    Look kid, we are trying to fly a wrecked airplane here, we don't have time to discuss with ground personnel that think they know what is important for us at the moment.
    Ok, your call, if you don't want to consider important that in 10 seconds you will be dead when you hit a big mountain ahead of you....
    Holy crap!!! (they slowly and with a lot of effort advance the only working thrust lever and at the same time, fight with the shaking yoke to turn it to the right, both pilots putting their hands on it and making a very big force they eventually manage to overcome it and turn it, then the plane banks 60 degrees to the right and turns like an F-16, managing to miss the antenna at the pick of the mountain by 1 ft).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Only if made in Hollywood .... they do make good movies in South Africa too.
      But yeah, I get your point.

Comment

Working...
      X