X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researchers "hack into" 757

Yahoo headline.

No link because no facts.

Not sure what they hacked into and I'm thinking that critical stuff is not 'online' to be hacked anyway... like the steering wheel and rudder pedals.

I could see a TOTAL ACARS invasion, but at least some reach to make that a disaster.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Yahoo headline.

No link because no facts.

Not sure what they hacked into and I'm thinking that critical stuff is not 'online' to be hacked anyway... like the steering wheel and rudder pedals.

I could see a TOTAL ACARS invasion, but at least some reach to make that a disaster.
    In my discussions with security experts, I understand that computer systems designs a lot of the planes were remarkably stupid. They actually connect the in-flight entertainment and the plane systems relying on very weak firewalls for protection.
    That fundamental flaw in architecture is no doubt what they are playing around with.

Comment

There is supposedly an air-gap protecting flight control computers. It might be possible to hack into the FMC and monkey with things by creating a virtual CDU. The data uplink aspect of the FMC is definitely not physically isolated from intrusion. Uplinks require a pilot action (ACCEPT or LOAD selection) but that could theoretically be compromised. I think some serious danger could result from that as autoflight is a stealth area where pilots might not be paying close attention.

Comment

one word: STUXNET.

if there is a WILL there is a WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          one word: STUXNET.

if there is a WILL there is a WAY.

Every day that goes by I am happier that I have retired.

Comment

well. i aint no IT pro or security pro, but the more tech we throw in, wifi, entertainment, gps for pax, ota updates etc etc, the more vulnerability we build into this stuff, so that after, we run around like scared little rats trying to figure out how to secure the most insecure things.

i was just reading something about how insecure our cars are! really? is it that hard to NOT have cars that are connected? don't get me wrong, i'd kill to drive a tesla, but the idea that it can easily be hacked bugs the shit outta me

Comment

An Aerolineas Argentinas plane was hit by a drone today while landing at Buenos Aires Aeroparque Airport. Aerolinas Argentinas flight #AR1865 from Trelew was hit by the drone during final approach to runway 13. The Boeing 737-800 (reg. LV-GKS) suffered damages near at the nose, close to the radome and is now out of service […]

(Including photos and voice recording).

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                well. i aint no IT pro or security pro, but the more tech we throw in, wifi, entertainment, gps for pax, ota updates etc etc, the more vulnerability we build into this stuff, so that after, we run around like scared little rats trying to figure out how to secure the most insecure things.

i was just reading something about how insecure our cars are! really? is it that hard to NOT have cars that are connected? don't get me wrong, i'd kill to drive a tesla, but the idea that it can easily be hacked bugs the shit outta me
                The cars are extremely insecure. The computers systems in a car were not designed with security in mind and security isn't a feature you can add on at the end.

Comment

Working...
                X