• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtaylor334 - Editing advice

Hi there

I am still a little confused re the "Too much or too little contrast"

eg https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6184180

Should I be just looking at the histogram? In this case it looks OK to me as I presume that we do not want to go too far at either end of the histogram.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using the forum for advice.
    It lacks highlights, and at the same time it has too strong shadows.

In addition, there is a pretty visible dust spot below the fuselage.
    Simon De Rudder
    JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

Thank you Simon - so I need to do more than just look at Histogram. I will work on the photo.

Comment

Are either of these photos usable? A cloudy day and a dark aircraft. Needs more exposure but not sure of best way to achieve an image that will be accepted.
        Also, what category do I need to use other than Military?

Thanks
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
          Are either of these photos usable? A cloudy day and a dark aircraft. Needs more exposure but not sure of best way to achieve an image that will be accepted.
          Also, what category do I need to use other than Military?

Thanks
          Mark
          You've uploaded thumbnail-sized images, but even so, the contrast doesn't look great and I doubt much can be done with them.

Comment

Hi there

I hope doing this correctly this time I have had a few contrast issues recently and I was wondering if one of the editing team would please take a look at the attached and if it is OK? If not any suggestions on how to improve much appreciated.

TIA
            Mark

Comment

Hi there

I hope doing this correctly this time I have had a few contrast issues recently and I was wondering if one of the editing team would please take a look at the attached and if it is OK? If not any suggestions on how to improve much appreciated.

TIA
              Mark
              Yes, this would be rejected for contrast. The sky is very bright in the background, yet there is no direct light falling on the aircraft. This is not fixable.

In the future, please attach your image directly to your post, like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_32466.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	1091459

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will see if I have one with better contrast in this series of photos or give it a miss this time

Comment

Hi there

Would you mind letting me know if this image is too dark or is the contrast correct. It looks OK on my histogram, but not always Ok on the JP histogram

Thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Hi there

Would you mind letting me know if this image is too dark or is the contrast correct. It looks OK on my histogram, but not always Ok on the JP histogram

Thanks
                    Mark
                    Please see here:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

In the future, please attach your image directly to your post, like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_32466.jpg Views:	19 Size:	617.8 KB ID:	1091459
                    Less work if I don't have to click through several different pages.

Your image is a bit too dark, and unless you have been pre-approved, you won't be able to upload at 1920pix.

Comment

Hi there

This one was originally rejected for too little/too much contrast. Is this new edit more acceptable?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
                      Mark Click image for larger version

Name:	A7-CGB-SYD-2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	645.6 KB
ID:	1103594
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

This one was originally rejected for too little/too much contrast. Is this new edit more acceptable?
                        There is a lack of direct light on the aircraft. As such, this would very likely again be rejected for dark/contrast. Not sure that it is fixable.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. There had been sunlight all afternoon and then a few clouds moved in just prior to the aircraft's arrival.

Comment

I would appreciate it if someone could advise if this needs to be "improved" before I submit to the queue?

Many thanks
                            Mark Click image for larger version

Name:	5Y-CYE-BOM-1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	970.4 KB
ID:	1186177

Comment

I would appreciate it if someone could advise if this needs to be "improved" before I submit to the queue?
                              Soft/heat hazed, color, compression, overprocessed.

Comment

Working...
                              X