• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    1: maybe a tad dark
    2: OK
    3 and 4: soft and harsh contrast
    Hi there. I just wanted to know for 3 and 4 what is meant by harsh contrast and how I can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Still borderline, but probably ok.
      Okay. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Comment

1.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0134-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	1022089 2.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0090-1.jpg
Size:	513.1 KB
ID:	1022090 3Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	597.1 KB
ID:	1022091 4.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0256.jpg
Size:	733.9 KB
ID:	1022092

Hi there. Please pre-screen 1 and 2. And I'm still waiting for feedback on 3 and 4 on what is meant by that they have harsh contrast, and how I can fix it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
          1.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13416[/ATTACH] 2.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13417[/ATTACH] 3[ATTACH=CONFIG]13418[/ATTACH] 4.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13419[/ATTACH]

Hi there. Please pre-screen 1 and 2. And I'm still waiting for feedback on 3 and 4 on what is meant by that they have harsh contrast, and how I can fix it. Thank you.
          Harsh contrast = contrast is too strong. Can't really be 'fixed' unless you go back and shoot with better light. Here the aircraft are almost top lit, which makes the top very bright, but the bottom of the fuselage very dark - thus the 'harsh contrast' comment.

First two also borderline for contrast, though the second probably just needs a little brightening.

Comment

Harsh contrast = contrast is too strong. Can't really be 'fixed' unless you go back and shoot with better light. Here the aircraft are almost top lit, which makes the top very bright, but the bottom of the fuselage very dark - thus the 'harsh contrast' comment.

First two also borderline for contrast, though the second probably just needs a little brightening.
            Thank you for clearing up the harsh contrast question. I understand it now. And thanks for the feedback on 1 and 2.

Comment

1.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0019-1.jpg
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	1022108 2.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0032-1.jpg
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	1022109

Hi there. Please pre screen. Thank you.

Comment

1.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13443[/ATTACH] 2.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13444[/ATTACH]

Hi there. Please pre screen. Thank you.
                Would be rejected for overprocessed (editing halos, especially around the tails), and possible soft/heat haze/contrast.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0156.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	802.5 KB
ID:	1022476

Hi there. I just wanted to know if this shot is appropriate. Thank you.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13900[/ATTACH]

Hi there. I just wanted to know if this shot is appropriate. Thank you.
                    Hi,

would be rejected for obstruction, sorry.

Have a nice evening!
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

Comment

Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hi there. This photo was rejected for bad composition/framing. I'm a bit confused here. The aircraft looks centered to me.

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1526677481.jpg

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hi there. This photo was rejected for bad composition/framing. I'm a bit confused here. The aircraft looks centered to me.
                        This first link shows it well - it is too high.

Comment

Hi there. I could use some editing advice. I'm using Lightroom 5 as my editing program. I am aware that to avoid problems like compression artefacts, you save the images at the highest quality which in the case of Lightroom is 100, which I've done. Where I fear I might be struggling to get it right is in the Limit to file size box. I'm not sure which number I should select and also in the resizing section. I understand that the long edge of a photo should be at about 1024 pixels, and the short edge about 576 pixels, with the maximum approved upload size being about 1280 pixels wide. On Lightroom where it says resolution, do I type the maximum approved upload size? Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1028687

Comment

Hi there. I could use some editing advice. I'm using Lightroom 5 as my editing program. I am aware that to avoid problems like compression artefacts, you save the images at the highest quality which in the case of Lightroom is 100, which I've done. Where I fear I might be struggling to get it right is in the Limit to file size box. I'm not sure which number I should select and also in the resizing section. I understand that the long edge of a photo should be at about 1024 pixels, and the short edge about 576 pixels, with the maximum approved upload size being about 1280 pixels wide. On Lightroom where it says resolution, do I type the maximum approved upload size? Thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16616[/ATTACH]
                            Long edge should be whichever size you wish to upload at. The minimum is 1024, and the maximum is 1920 though you need to be approved for permission to upload at larger sizes, and it's generally not recommended except for the most experienced uploader/photographers. 1280 is the default max size for new uploaders.

The short edge will depend on which aspect ratio you wish to upload, anything from 4:3 to 16:9 is allowed. You should let LR select the short edge once you've input the long edge, otherwise you could end up with forced aspect ratios which can look really warped. Resolution is meaningless unless you plan to print the images.

Comment

Long edge should be whichever size you wish to upload at. The minimum is 1024, and the maximum is 1920 though you need to be approved for permission to upload at larger sizes, and it's generally not recommended except for the most experienced uploader/photographers. 1280 is the default max size for new uploaders.

The short edge will depend on which aspect ratio you wish to upload, anything from 4:3 to 16:9 is allowed. You should let LR select the short edge once you've input the long edge, otherwise you could end up with forced aspect ratios which can look really warped. Resolution is meaningless unless you plan to print the images.
                              Thank you so much for the advice. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi there. I had this photo rejected for bad colour and similar photo uploaded. I'm fine with the bad colour rejection as that can be fixed easily. However the similar photo rejection is the one I don't understand. I know I have two photos of the same aircraft already in the database. But all are different and while all were shot from the same location, the aircraft is facing different directions in all the photos, including this one that's been rejected. And plus this one is on a different date to the other two. Doesn't that at least count for something?

Comment

Working...
                                X