Paul Stam - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Stam - editing advice

This one was rejected: Too much or too little contrast.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I appealed and asked what's exactly wrong with it.

I got t he following friendly (I hope) answer:

Your appeal for photo id 6190779 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> ask questions on our forums please

So I do. Your opinion, please.

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
    This one was rejected: Too much or too little contrast.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I appealed and asked what's exactly wrong with it.

I got t he following friendly (I hope) answer:

Your appeal for photo id 6190779 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> ask questions on our forums please

So I do. Your opinion, please.
    The aircraft is very dark with a bright background. It is backlit with very harsh contrast. It is unlikely further editing will remedy the situation.

Comment

Default And again contrast
      This one was rejected: Underexposed and Too much ot too little contrast. Is it too much??? Or too litttle???

My question is: What is exactly wrong, because I don't see it. And what can I do to repair it.

Comment

Default And again contrast
        This one was rejected: Underexposed and Too much ot too little contrast. Is it too much??? Or too litttle???

My question is: What is exactly wrong, because I don't see it. And what can I do to repair it.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6200248
        The image is dark and lacks contrast. There are no strong whites or blacks. How to fix it: ideally, shoot in better weather conditions. Realistically, you can try brightening the image and adding more contrast, but due to the poor light conditions when you shot it, not sure that will help too much.

You are experienced enough as an uploader here to know that images taken in such poor light have a much lower chance of being accepted, so perhaps it would be best in the future to avoid such frustration by tempering your expectations when submitting such shots.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know it were difficult circumstances, but I travelled to the UK from the Netherlands and then and then you would like them to be accepted. So I gave it a try.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know it were difficult circumstances, but I travelled to the UK from the Netherlands and then and then you would like them to be accepted. So I gave it a try.
            No, I understand completely having travelled somewhere to shoot photos, only to have the weather not cooperate. It happened to me only a few weeks ago, and my trip was a bit further than the distance between the Netherlands - UK

In such a case, I've simply uploaded the ones I know would still meet the standards, but won't bother with the others. While I'm not saying you must not upload your images, perhaps be selective, and then not get frustrated if those borderline images are rejected. There will (hopefully) always be another trip, with a chance for sunnier days.

Comment

This one was rejected for too much or too little contrast again. Too much???? Too little?????
              Your opinion please?

Comment

This one was rejected for too much or too little contrast again. Too much???? Too little?????
                Your opinion please?
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6221043
                Did you read the comments that were included with your rejected appeal?

Comment

Of course I did. And this is the advice (quote) Please ask for advice on our forums.

So I did, when I asked for your opinion.

Comment

Of course I did. And this is the advice (quote) Please ask for advice on our forums.

So I did, when I asked for your opinion.
                    that was not the whole comment!
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

No indeed. This was it: Admin Comments >> dark a/c against a light, almost washed out, sky. Please ask for advice on our forums.
                      With at the end te advice to ask the forum, So again what is your opinion?

Comment

No indeed. This was it: Admin Comments >> dark a/c against a light, almost washed out, sky. Please ask for advice on our forums.
                        With at the end te advice to ask the forum, So again what is your opinion?
                        My opinion is the same as whoever screened the image originally, and whoever handled the appeal. The aircraft is dark against a bright, washed out sky leading to very poor contrast. You can try lifting the darker tones, but due to the aforementioned poor light, not sure how successful you will be.

Comment

OK, thanks for the advice. I gave it a try.

Comment

What is exactly wrong with the contrast. I have more then 5500 accepted photos and suddenly rejections mainly for contrast. What is wrong with it

XL502. Fairey Gannet AEW.3. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

What is exactly wrong with the contrast. I have more then 5500 accepted photos and suddenly rejections mainly for contrast. What is wrong with it

XL502. Fairey Gannet AEW.3. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6243027
                              Hey Paul, I'm not a JP Screener but I saw the Histogram from your rejected photo and there is space for a bit more constrast (see the left side). Maybe you can try adjust the levels and use curves to improve the photo (and also remove some of the overexposed area in the left).

I know this points will not show in your rejection but maybe some CCW will be good for you photo. Perhaps, a good one! Nice building and colors.

PS: I really understand you, in October I traveled from Brazil to Faro (Portugal) to take some shots and the weather not help me! But I give a try and send my photos soon

Vinicius

Comment

Working...
                              X