No announcement yet.

Paul Stam - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is desperate, again there is a photo of me rejected with the cause: "Too much or too little contrast". I have many rections for contrast. I don't see the problem and have asked for clarification on this forum several times, but it has never been explained to me what is wrong. I appealed this photo and received this in reply: "we also judge it with our eyes, not seeing what your point is, obviously you have a different standard than jp, this one was correctly rejected".
    Well that is very helpful, pfffff.
    Is there anyone who can clearly explain to me what is wrong with this photo and what I have to do to improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
      It is desperate, again there is a photo of me rejected with the cause: "Too much or too little contrast". I have many rections for contrast. I don't see the problem and have asked for clarification on this forum several times, but it has never been explained to me what is wrong. I appealed this photo and received this in reply: "we also judge it with our eyes, not seeing what your point is, obviously you have a different standard than jp, this one was correctly rejected".
      Well that is very helpful, pfffff.
      Is there anyone who can clearly explain to me what is wrong with this photo and what I have to do to improve it.

The sky is relatively bright, while there is weak light on the aircraft. This leads to the image having flat, washed out contrast. You can try re-editing it to give it more contrast, but it might be tricky to obtain good results due to the conditions.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

This is also rejected because of the contrast without any explanation, even after the appeal. What is wrong with this photo ?? All colors are clear and good. Everything on the plane is clearly visible, only the sun is not shining.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
          Attached Files

Comment

This is also rejected because of the contrast without any explanation, even after the appeal. What is wrong with this photo ?? All colors are clear and good. Everything on the plane is clearly visible, only the sun is not shining.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7374981
            Hi,

Please read here thoroughly, especially #2:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

You have already resubmitted the image to the queue, so there is not much point in me or anyone else commenting on it.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I knew nothing about the existence of those rules. A small remark: My problem was not about prescreening but about advice after the photo was rejected. And that is by definition not pre-screening. Case closed.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I knew nothing about the existence of those rules. A small remark: My problem was not about prescreening but about advice after the photo was rejected. And that is by definition not pre-screening. Case closed.
                You were asking for advice about an image you had already put back in the queue. As clearly stated in the link, crew won't offer "advice/prescreening" on anything already in the queue, though anyone else is of course free to reply.

Comment

What is wrong with the contrast

Comment

This one was rejected for lack of contrast. I disagree. Your opinion please and how must I improve it.

Comment

This one was rejected for lack of contrast. I disagree. Your opinion please and how must I improve it.
                      Hi, once again please read here thoroughly, in this case #2:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

You are free to continue posting your questions, but I'll be skipping any replies until you at least try to follow our requests.

Comment

Hi, once again please read here thoroughly, in this case # 2:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

You are free to continue posting your questions, but I'll be skipping any replies until you at least try to follow our requests.

# 2: Prescreening is offered only for images not in the queue currently. Please ask for advice / prescreening before submitting the images to the queue
                        Again I do not ask for prescreening, but for advice after the photo has been rejected, while in I don’t understand why. I thought the forum was there to help, but I now discover that it isn't. I'm not very good at working with a forum, and then I get this kind of unfriendly answers from someone Dlowwa, I have been a member of JP since 2005, and you are not nearly back then, and it was always friendly, but now that seems to be over. Jetphotos - the friendly way to fly. Where did the friendliness go? Just give the requested help, then there is no problem. But rest assured you can just delete this post again and I will never ask for help on the forum again.
                        Last edited by Paul Stam; 2020-02-15, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stamn1080763
                          Again I do not ask for prescreening
                          Well, technically you do since you have already re-submitted the image to the queue to be screened again, no?

I thought the forum was there to help, but I now discover that it isn't.
                          It is, but to manage our (my) workload, we simply ask that people at least read, if not follow a few simple rules, something you seemed uninterested in doing.

I'm not very good at working with a forum, and then I get this kind of unfriendly answers from someone who doesn't even use his own name
                          Not sure if you're implying I'm trying to hide something, but you can find me on the JP About page on the list of Senior Screeners (Dana Low):

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have been a member of JP since 2005, and you are not nearly back then,
                          Again, not sure what this implies..that you have some sort of superiority based on join date? Doesn't sound like a 'friendly' way to approach things

Comment

Well, technically you do since you have already re-submitted the image to the queue to be screened again, no?

I have appealed to both photos and at the same time posted this message on the forum. To my surprise, the first photo was accepted and the second rejected again, but now with true reason. I have edited the photo again. I therefore did not ask for prescreening, but for the opinion of other forographers. That is because the rejection reason "too much or too little contrast" is not information. When a photo is soft or over-sharpening, I know what the reason is, I understand that, but the contrast isue is the choice of two. What is it? Also on the forum you often do not get a clear answer but you are referred to the histogram. Silly. You view a photo with your eyes and not with the histogram.

It is, but to manage our (my) workload, we simply ask people to read at least, if not follow a few simple rules, something you seemed uninterested in doing.

The rules are not simple, if only it were true.

Not sure if you're implying I'm trying to hide something, but you can find me on the JP About page on the list of Senior Screeners (Dana Low):

I searched the crew for the name Dlowwa and could not find it. It's just a rule of courtesy that you work on a forum with your real name. I do that as well

Again, not sure what these implies .. that you have some sort or superiority based on join date? Doesn't sound like a 'friendly' way to approach things

It's not about superiority, but about indicating that I am experienced and have nearly 6,000 photos on JP. I now feel like I'm being treated like a naughty little boy, but I'm 70 years old and have been taking photos almost all my life. Unfortunately, the tone on the forum is such that your hobby is no longer fun.

Comment

Unfortunately, the tone on the forum is such that your hobby is no longer fun.
                              Speaking of tone, it seems to me that you seek to use the forum more to air your complaints than to actually seek help to improve..which of course you are free to continue doing

Comment

Complain? That is incorrect. I just started with the following questions: 1) What is wrong with the contrast
                                2) This one was rejected for lack of contrast. I disagree. Your opinion please and how must I improve it ..
                                So no complaints, but ask for help. So far had no answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X