Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
      Hi,

is this photo sharp enought?

Thank you

Marian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28524[/ATTACH]

ps: please ignore photo on Thumbnails.
      Borderline soft. Maybe it passes, maybe not. The bit of noise doesn't help as well.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thank you Gerardo.

I have one more question refering to these two recent rejects:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Do you think that are these photos passable after better edit, or did light conditions killed them definitly?

Thank you for your opinion.

Regards
        Marian

Comment

Thank you Gerardo.

I have one more question refering to these two recent rejects:

Do you think that are these photos passable after better edit, or did light conditions killed them definitly?

Thank you for your opinion.

Regards
          Marian
          In my opinion, they can be improved to an acceptable level by adjusting the curves to brighten up the aircraft without getting a uniform light grey background. That said, not all screeners wiil agree on that, so you will also need a bit of luck.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            In my opinion, they can be improved to an acceptable level by adjusting the curves to brighten up the aircraft without getting a uniform light grey background. That said, not all screeners wiil agree on that, so you will also need a bit of luck.
            Thank you Gerardo, I understand. I made attempt to adjust contrast using curves, I think both images looks better now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	I-MJET_II.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	710.9 KB
ID:	1042739

Name:	32-10_II.jpg
Size:	618.3 KB
ID:	1042740

However, I take conditions into account. Maybe I will give them a chance later.

Regards
            Marian

Comment

• Hi,

I have edited photo attached below. My question is: does the tarmac looks too overexposed? I was searchnig for ideal histogram by curves and maybe I added too much highlights.

Thank you.
              Marian

Name:	N544AR.jpg
Size:	909.8 KB
ID:	1042965

Comment

Hi,

I have edited photo attached below. My question is: does the tarmac looks too overexposed? I was searchnig for ideal histogram by curves and maybe I added too much highlights.

Thank you.
                Marian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28877[/ATTACH]
                No, tarmac does not look overexposed. The whole pic looks a bit underexposed overall.

Comment

• Contrast

Hi,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo - especially for contrast. On Histogram, I see a gap on Midtones, but when I look on picture, it looks fine to me (so I am a little unsure about contrast).

Thank you for your time / opinion.

Marian

Name:	G-SWRD.jpg
Size:	829.1 KB
ID:	1043243

Comment

Hi,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo - especially for contrast. On Histogram, I see a gap on Midtones, but when I look on picture, it looks fine to me (so I am a little unsure about contrast).

Thank you for your time / opinion.

Marian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29198[/ATTACH]
                    Should be ok, think it's just the paint job making it look like that.

Comment

• Hello,

I have received this reject:

I am not fully sure what is wrong with color there, so just my guess - yellow tint?

Thank you for help
                      Marian

Comment

• This photo is undersaturated. That is the reason for the rejection based on what I can tell.

Comment

Hello,

I am not fully sure what is wrong with color there, so just my guess - yellow tint?
                          No, there is a slight cyan cast, but acceptable in my opinion. Worth an appeal I think.

Originally posted by Cleveland.Spotter View Post
                          This photo is undersaturated. That is the reason for the rejection based on what I can tell.
                          There is no problem with the saturation.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            No, there is a slight cyan cast, but acceptable in my opinion. Worth an appeal I think.

There is no problem with the saturation.
                            oh. my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              Thank you. I appealed and photo is accepted now. Much appreciate your help.

Originally posted by Cleveland.Spotter View Post
                              This photo is undersaturated. That is the reason for the rejection based on what I can tell.
                              Thank you for your help

Comment

• Hello,

The rejections reasons were
                                - Too much or too little contrast
                                - Horizontal unlevel

So I made a new edit. I think contrast is better, but I am still unsure about the horizont. In comparasion to rejected image, I made a little ccw rotation. Do you think that this image is acceptable as is, or need any more editing?

Thank you.
                                Marian

Name:	HB-JXO_I.jpg
Size:	906.5 KB
ID:	1043649

Comment

Working...
                                X