Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Looks acceptable to me.
    Thank you Dana. I have another photo of this reg in queue (ID 6662095). If I upload this white/black photo, will it be considered similar to photo already in queue? It is photo of the plane in air, not w/b but from same day and same airport (angle is different, but left side of plane is visible). Thank you.

Marian

Comment

Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
      Thank you Dana. I have another photo of this reg in queue (ID 6662095). If I upload this white/black photo, will it be considered similar to photo already in queue? It is photo of the plane in air, not w/b but from same day and same airport (angle is different, but left side of plane is visible). Thank you.

Marian
      If in the air, then probably not similar.

Comment

Hello again

I have received this reject:
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

One of the reasons is "JPEG compression artefacts". I received some rejects due this reason in the past, when it was caused mainly by blotchy sky. I have checked this photo on it's equalized and non-equalized version, but sky looks fine to me. Can you help me to identify these artefacts on this photo? Are they in the sky or on the aircraft somewhere?

Thank you.
        Marian

Comment

Hello again

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

One of the reasons is "JPEG compression artefacts". I received some rejects due this reason in the past, when it was caused mainly by blotchy sky. I have checked this photo on it's equalized and non-equalized version, but sky looks fine to me. Can you help me to identify these artefacts on this photo? Are they in the sky or on the aircraft somewhere?

Thank you.
          Marian
          Whole image looks soft/compressed. Was it taken from a heavy crop?

Comment

Whole image looks soft/compressed. Was it taken from a heavy crop?
            This is original file:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	1028981

Comment

This is original file:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16943[/ATTACH]
              Yes, that image is very soft. Maybe try at a smaller resolution to try and hide it, otherwise might not be fixable.

Comment

Hello,

I have a photo of OM-ERS. When I search in DB for this reg, system finds 2 results. They have data like this:

Airline: Aero Club - Bratislava
                Aircraft: Zlin 526AFS-V
                CN: 1306

after uploading photo, I type the reg into field, but no result comes out after hitting AUTOFILL button. So I try to fill all fields manually.

Maximum I can fill is Zlin 526AFS. -V is not in options. I can not find airline "Aero Club - Bratislava" too.

How can I upload photo of this frame to avoid corruption of data in DB? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for help.
                Regards
                Marian

Comment

Hello,

I have a photo of OM-ERS. When I search in DB for this reg, system finds 2 results. They have data like this:

Airline: Aero Club - Bratislava
                  Aircraft: Zlin 526AFS-V
                  CN: 1306

after uploading photo, I type the reg into field, but no result comes out after hitting AUTOFILL button. So I try to fill all fields manually.

Maximum I can fill is Zlin 526AFS. -V is not in options. I can not find airline "Aero Club - Bratislava" too.

How can I upload photo of this frame to avoid corruption of data in DB? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for help.
                  Regards
                  Marian
                  There are links on the upload page to add both the type and operator. Due to the age of the accepted images, it's possible the data was lost from the autofill when the DB was updated.

Comment

Hello,

are contrast and exposure acceptable on this photo? Thank you.

Marian

Name:	N59NW.jpg
Size:	885.0 KB
ID:	1029105

Comment

Hello,

are contrast and exposure acceptable on this photo? Thank you.

Marian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17094[/ATTACH]
                      Very borderline...if it's a new frame to the DB, would be acceptable for me; otherwise might not be so lenient.

Comment

Hello,

Can you help me to solve it out? Is there still too strong orange cast? Was rejected before for orange cast, so maybe this is still issue?

Thank you
                        Marian

Comment

Hello,

Can you help me to solve it out? Is there still too strong orange cast? Was rejected before for orange cast, so maybe this is still issue?

Thank you
                          Marian
                          Not sure exactly what's going on with the color there, but some kind of orange cast and oversaturated I think. Definitely looks odd.

Comment

Not sure exactly what's going on with the color there, but some kind of orange cast and oversaturated I think. Definitely looks odd.

Does colors on this edit looks better?

Name:	OE-LQL_III.jpg
Size:	576.1 KB
ID:	1029141

Comment

Does colors on this edit looks better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17133[/ATTACH]
                              No, still very odd. Try re-working from the original RAW file, as the white balance might be off.

Comment

Hello,

is the photo attached below passable, or is it affected by heat haze to much?

Thank you
                                Marian

Name:	D-CBAY.jpg
Size:	721.8 KB
ID:	1029348

Comment

Working...
                                X