Luxury jets are my new obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxury jets are my new obsession

I saw this article about the top 5 best luxury jets, and ever since... been quite excited about discovering more about them amazes me how they can have essentially a penthouse suite in a plane... Airbus seems to have some of the best in the business. I wonder if I could ever fly in one of these Anyone had the pleasure of being in one of these luxury jets?

The Airbus does look good, but I think I prefer Learjet. The Airbus planes just look TOO extravagant. I've not had the chance to fly in one of these, but I wouldn't rule it out one day. Private jets maybe aren't as expensive as they used to be.

Comment

Yeah the Learjets are pretty good, but I don't know... don't feel unique or exciting to me. At least Airbus have the passion and the desire to know what they are I think renting jets is still quite popular, but I have heard that owning a jet is actually becoming fairly easy. We're not talking about owning an Airbus, of course, but a decent sized plane. That is, if you know how to fly or hire a pilot

Comment

Originally posted by aliigator View Post
        The Airbus does look good, but I think I prefer Learjet. The Airbus planes just look TOO extravagant. I've not had the chance to fly in one of these, but I wouldn't rule it out one day. Private jets maybe aren't as expensive as they used to be.
        This is my dream airplane for when I retire rich. Former N136PA, converted into VVIP config back in 1994. Currently for sale, including a FAW kit with two complete engines, an APU, wheel assemblies etc etc. The price is rumored to be around $25mil. I'll need two more pilots, in addition to myself.
        Attached Files

Comment

My bucket list before I die is to go on holiday using a business jet. It’s actually not so unreachable as you might think. 10 - 12 people can fly to / from the Mediterranean for not a lot more than a good business class fare.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by iwannaflyaway View Post
            Yeah the Learjets are pretty good, but I don't know... don't feel unique or exciting to me. At least Airbus have the passion and the desire to know what they are I think renting jets is still quite popular, but I have heard that owning a jet is actually becoming fairly easy. We're not talking about owning an Airbus, of course, but a decent sized plane. That is, if you know how to fly or hire a pilot
            Yeah, I've heard some rumors about private jet prices dropping considerably, but I doubt low enough for me just yet. As for business jet holiday, I know Abercrombie & Kent have some round-the-world tour via a private jet...will only cost $150,000 though!

Comment

Ha, yeah an around-the-world trip via a private plane wouldn't be so bad... I wonder what jet they are using I've been looking at the industry a bit on the weekend and it appears as if renting one via a site or app is gaining in popularity. You'll still need a fair bit of money, but it's at least perhaps easier than it once was. I've seen the Gulfstream G650 for rent on this site called JetApp, so that would definitely be a goal for me

Comment

Not sure what jet is used in the around-the-world tour, but it might be an Airbus. I think we all have a goal of flying private one day.

Comment

I hope to buy one or two used 737-300 and use the for charity. I want to make an aviation company with the cheapest or free tickes. For people that for some reason cannot use excisting airlines. Or for those who need help after natural disasters and stuff. In addition I would make Youtube channel and upload there videos about each flight.
                  The airlines would ne supported by donations and of course the aircraft could be leased by some other companies to cover the expences.
                  The price for good used 737-300 from 1999 started from 4-4.5 mln USD.

I would also buy some SAR helicopters for "golden hour' and in addition some helicopters with baby medical equipment installed. I have never seen such helicopter, but I would have some. I did think about private jet or something but now I think that helping people will be much better.
                  Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. Victor Hugo

Comment

this is Embraer Legacy owned by Jet Aviation.
                    Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. Victor Hugo

Comment

There are so many private luxury jets in the world which for me are useless when carrying only a few rich people. But it is only my opinion. I think that they do not make the world better. But I hope I wil make

Comment

Working...
                      X