Yousaf Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yousaf View Post
    thanks, sensor spots. I tried removing it in lightroom, but I couldn't spot many dust spots.

Hiya, as per the guide - you need to use photoshop (dust / crud) - (there are others which I dont use) . Sorry Lightroom doesn't cut it (. T

Sorry just realise when replied. Those settings in Lightroom are doing you no favours either.

Reset to = 0
    Highlights
    Shadows
    whites
    blacks
    dehaze

Do read Stefan guide in detail - happy to help T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-08-15, 20:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
      Hiya, as per the guide - you need to use photoshop (dust / crud) . Sorry Lightroom doesn't cut it. T

Sorry just realise when replied. Those settings in Lightroom are doing you no favours either.

Reset to = 0
      Highlights
      Shadows
      whites
      blacks
      dehaze

I am planning to spend 4x my pay on laptop just for Lightroom, and jet photos don't accept photos edited in lightroom. No problem, I will follow the guide and use photoshop.

Comment

• Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
        Hiya, as per the guide - you need to use photoshop (dust / crud) . Sorry Lightroom doesn't cut it. T

Reset to = 0
        Highlights
        Shadows
        whites
        blacks
        dehaze

Coincidentally, photoshop for photographer beginner's guide was published only yesterday https://photographylife.com/photoshop-beginner-guide

Comment

• Yeah - loads of these around. My point was Stefan published this free one ages ago and it deals with the issue in a concise way.

Yousaf, my very talented and published colleague uses Lightroom to catalogue , edit and publish all his stuff. His is a wildlife photographer . The main issue with aviation is sky, where dust, blemishes, crud shows up and the guidelines of JP are very clear. Lightroom doesn't deal with this well, photoshop does. T
          Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-08-15, 20:36.

Comment

• edit in Photoshop following guidelines. Plese comment

Comment

edit in Photoshop following guidelines. Plese comment
              Would be rejected for contrast, soft, dirty, and maybe color. Images taken through windows will always be very difficult to get accepted. Unless there is something special for you about this one, maybe better to leave it.

Comment

• Left it. another image another airport.

Comment

Left it. another image another airport.
                  Likely to be rejected for contrast, glare/dirt, and motive/cut off. Not a very good crop.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    Likely to be rejected for contrast, glare/dirt, and motive/cut off. Not a very good crop.
                    contrast lack of?

glare where?

How should I crop it for the tail ?

Comment

• Should I upload this ?

Comment

• Another aircraft. Processed in PS.

Comment

Another aircraft. Processed in PS.
                          Would be rejected for soft, contrast, and horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            Would be rejected for soft, contrast, and horizon.
                            Soft and Horizon are understandable. I can't seem to pick up the contrast, is it too low or high ?

Comment

Soft and Horizon are understandable. I can't seem to pick up the contrast, is it too low or high ?
                              Much too low. As I hinted at previously, this is a very typical problem with images taken through windows.

Comment

I am planning to spend 4x my pay on laptop just for Lightroom, and jet photos don't accept photos edited in lightroom. No problem, I will follow the guide and use photoshop.

I use Lightroom for all my editing in jetphotos, and have never had a problem removing dust spots. Only thing I would say is that with Lightroom its sometimes is not easy to find the actual spots, however using the 'Check for Dust' button after uploading, ady dust spots seen there, you can go back to lightroom and remove them, and then re-upload. I personally find photo shop far too complicated.

My first 90 photos in the database: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/125022

Comment

Working...
                                X