Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 150

Thread: Yousaf Editing Advice

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default Yousaf Editing Advice

    Hi everyone
    IMG_8591 HZ-AQ19.jpg
    IMG_8591.jpg
    Jet photo Forums-8579.jpg

    Thank you for the advice.
    Best Regards
    Yousaf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8591 HZ-AQ19.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	11572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8591.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	387.3 KB 
ID:	11573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photo Forums-8579.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	536.6 KB 
ID:	11574  

  2. #2
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Hi everyone
    IMG_8591 HZ-AQ19.jpg
    IMG_8591.jpg
    Jet photo Forums-8579.jpg

    Thank you for the advice.
    Best Regards
    Yousaf
    Hi,

    Unfortunately there are multiple issues with these (compression, heat haze, centering, color, contrast, vignetting, dust spots), not the least of which is the visible window reflections which make any image a non-starter. Shooting through terminal glass is always tricky, so in the future do your best to avoid window reflections, as they will automatically preclude any image from being accepted here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Attachment 11653

    Thanks you for advice.
    Best Regards
    Yousaf

  4. #4
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Attachment 11653

    Thanks you for advice.
    Best Regards
    Yousaf
    The attachment can't be opened.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

  6. #6
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Can't comment unless you post the size you actually intend to upload. Unless you've been approved for larger sizes, your maximum resolution would likely be no more than 1600pix; the above image is 2354pix.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8598-169 1024.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	11670
    Lower resolutions have higher chance of approval ?

  8. #8
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8598-169 1024.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	11670
    Lower resolutions have higher chance of approval ?
    Much higher. This image however, would be an automatic rejection for the visible dust spot and window reflections, sorry.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Much higher. This image however, would be an automatic rejection for the visible dust spot and window reflections, sorry.
    Window Refection where ?

  10. #10
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Window Refection where ?
    There are some artefacts in the sky which look like reflections. In addition, the photo is saved with colour space set to Adobe RGB, which causes a slight purple colour cast on some OS/browser combinations. Please save as sRGB, as explained here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...obe-RGB-please

  11. #11
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Window Refection where ?
    Whatever those vertical bands next to the tail are, they look very much like window reflections.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8598-169 1024 (1).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	11681

    Was the photo taken from inside the terminal through window glass?

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8596.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	395.9 KB 
ID:	11696

    Thanks in advance.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8954.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	11697

    IMHO I took all necessary precautions.

  14. #14
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8596.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	395.9 KB 
ID:	11696

    Thanks in advance.
    Would be rejected for soft, contrast, horizon.

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_8954.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	11697

    IMHO I took all necessary precautions.
    Soft, color, centering, contrast, noise.

    You didn't answer my question from above.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Was the photo taken from inside the terminal through window glass?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Would be rejected for soft, contrast, horizon.



    Soft, color, centering, contrast, noise.

    You didn't answer my question from above.
    these two can be fixed it means ?

    Yes.
    Thanks

  16. #16
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    these two can be fixed it means ?
    Possibly, but with so many problems, it really depends on the quality of the originals. If the quality is not there with the original images, more editing is not likely to help.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-0974.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	463.6 KB 
ID:	11774

    This is slightly cropped, i.e changed ratio . Captured as RAW, during Goldenhour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-1040.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	11780

    Processed as whole. This one is special, Tail is ex-US inventory, with US serial number still visible. Body is Pakistan Army's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-0893.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	11781
    Almost no crop. Tail number and number painted on Nose doesn't match.

  18. #18
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-0974.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	463.6 KB 
ID:	11774

    This is slightly cropped, i.e changed ratio . Captured as RAW, during Goldenhour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-1040.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	11780

    Processed as whole. This one is special, Tail is ex-US inventory, with US serial number still visible. Body is Pakistan Army's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet photos-0893.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	11781
    Almost no crop. Tail number and number painted on Nose doesn't match.
    1. slightly low in frame
    2. contrast/backlit
    3. cut off, centering (poor crop)

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. slightly low in frame
    2. contrast/backlit
    3. cut off, centering (poor crop)
    Crop to center the aircraft ?

    Backlit ? I was shooting in eastward direction, time was almost 4:15 in evening. Sun was on my back It can't be backlit.


    Ok I agree with this one.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. slightly low in frame
    2. contrast/backlit
    3. cut off, centering (poor crop)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_0974.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	483.4 KB 
ID:	11822
    Improved cropped.

    2. Backlit ? Sun was on my back while shooting this, i.e light was falling on the aircraft.
    Here is from slightly different time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_1179.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	11823

    3 different view and crop
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_1200.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	11824

    4.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_1205.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	563.5 KB 
ID:	11827

    5. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetphotos -IMG_0897.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	476.4 KB 
ID:	11826

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •