Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin and Egyptair clip wings at JFK - second such incident at JFK in 12 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin and Egyptair clip wings at JFK - second such incident at JFK in 12 months

Animation and tower communications:

REAL, ATC, FUNNY, AIR, TRAFFIC, CONTROL, CONTROLLER, CONTROLADOR, AEREO, TOWER, GROUND, APPROACH, DEPARTURE, DELIVERY, VASAVIATION, LIVEATC, FLIGHTAWARE, FLIGHTRADAR24, RUNWAY, LANDING, TAKEOFF, EMERGENCY, MAYDAY, ILS, VOR, NDB, VISUAL, IVAO, VATSIM, AIRCRAFT, AIRPLANE, VIRGIN, ATLANTIC, EGYPTAIR, WINGS, COLLISION, CLIPPED, JFK, KENNEDY, KJFK, ICAO, IATA, FAA, INTERNATIONAL, AIRPORT, ABRAHAM, STEVE, AIRBUS, BOEING, BRITISH AIRWAYS, AER LINGUS, PREPAR3D, XPLANE, FSX, TAXI, VATUSA, LESSON, PPL, COCKPIT, WINGTIP, WINGLET, TRUCK, TUG

Interesting scope for discussion about who was at fault.

I have a number of hours in an airplane that was also involved in a collision at JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      I have a number of hours in an airplane that was also involved in a collision at JFK.
      As some pilot once said, "That's gonna be paperwork."

I remember one BFR being griped at for departing from the taxiway line at a typical GA airport.

The instructor said, "That guarantees you wingtip clearance."

Ok, sounds like a good procedure to add to common sense fundamentals.

Ironingly, the as we hit the ramp, a plane was parked literally 10 feet off the taxi line...

...I asked if I should remain on the yellow line or not/smart ass snarcasm.

Interesting that the big aeroplanie wing was hanging way over the line on the 'run up/hold pad'.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X