bobh - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,
    I took this shot in a museum in Beijing and am slightly worried about the obstructions, would these be an issue in it being accepted?
    Many thanks,
    Bob
    Click image for larger version

Name:	232_20180621_PEKCAM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	760.0 KB
ID:	1028764

Comment

Originally posted by bobh View Post
      Hi there,
      I took this shot in a museum in Beijing and am slightly worried about the obstructions, would these be an issue in it being accepted?
      Many thanks,
      Bob
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16703[/ATTACH]
      Permanent unavoidable obstructions on preserved aircraft are generally acceptable. It's the times when the obstructions are avoidable, either by finding a better angle, or simply waiting that rejections are likely to result.

Comment

Hi there,
        I got the following rejected for cut off or underexposed. Could I ask for advice on better crops and maybe a confirmation that they are underexposed. As always, many thanks to the team.
        Bob

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi there,
          I got the following rejected for cut off or underexposed. Could I ask for advice on better crops and maybe a confirmation that they are underexposed. As always, many thanks to the team.
          Bob

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6681133
          First two look ok to me; I think it the tiny bit of obstruction on the first that's making it look like a poor crop, but the second might even warrant an appeal. Third just needs a little brightening, though the contrast is a bit harsh on all three.

Comment

Hi there, would it be possible to have some advice on the attached photo. Many thanks for all feedback

Name:	G-YMMJ_20180727_PVG.jpg
Size:	709.7 KB
ID:	1029265

Comment

Hi there, would it be possible to have some advice on the attached photo. Many thanks for all feedback

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17294[/ATTACH]
              A bit dark, otherwise no major issues.

Comment

Hi there,
                Thanks for advice, in another thread, about night photography at Haneda. Could I ask for some advice on the following photo

Name:	JA717A_20181003_HND.jpg
Size:	938.5 KB
ID:	1030808

Also the following was rejected for bad info, could I get a pointer as to what was wrong

Many thanks,

Bob

Comment

Hi there,
                  Thanks for advice, in another thread, about night photography at Haneda. Could I ask for some advice on the following photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19216[/ATTACH]
                  Maybe a touch soft, but probably ok as is.

Also the following was rejected for bad info, could I get a pointer as to what was wrong

Didn't screen it, but it was rejected for bad reg., assuming because there was no reg. given.

Comment

Thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated.
                    For the rejected photo, it is a replica and to the best of my knowledge it has no registration so I left the registration empty. Could I have missed something with the guidelines?

Comment

Thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated.
                      For the rejected photo, it is a replica and to the best of my knowledge it has no registration so I left the registration empty. Could I have missed something with the guidelines?
                      Ok, maybe leave a note for the screener next explaining it's a replica so there is no reg/serial.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dana, much appreciated.

I've had a few photos rejected from Narita due to horizon unlevel and am a little confused where it went wrong. For the example below I used the vertical side of the building in the background. Was this a bad idea/ did I not quite get it right. As always, any advice gratefully received

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dana, much appreciated.

I've had a few photos rejected from Narita due to horizon unlevel and am a little confused where it went wrong. For the example below I used the vertical side of the building in the background. Was this a bad idea/ did I not quite get it right. As always, any advice gratefully received

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6853072
                          Verticals look acceptable to me. Maybe a touch CCW needed, but can't say for certain, so wouldn't have been a rejection for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            Verticals look acceptable to me. Maybe a touch CCW needed, but can't say for certain, so wouldn't have been a rejection for me.
                            Thank you very much, I'll re-edit. What did you use as the vertical? I'm guessing that fences are not the most reliable

Comment

Thank you very much, I'll re-edit. What did you use as the vertical? I'm guessing that fences are not the most reliable
                              Fence looks fine, but those towers in the background look like they're leaning a touch to the right. Again, not really noticeable enough for me to make it a rejection, so your call.

Comment

Never even thought of looking at them, genius! Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X