Lat1918-Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
    I have a question for this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7166800
    My question is what aircraft type is it? I keep seeing that it could be a 900B in one place, in others I am seeing it could be a 900EX or LX. I'm just wanting to get some clarification on it since I don't have knowledge of these type of aircraft.
    Thank you in advance
    Not sure why it was rejected - FAA and FR24 both show it simply as a 900, which should be good enough (using what those two sources use) in most situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Not sure why it was rejected - FAA and FR24 both show it simply as a 900, which should be good enough (using what those two sources use) in most situations.
      That's what I thought myself. I also use the two but just found it strange that got rejected for aircraft type. I can understand the other reasons but the bad information got me scratching my head since the only additions to the aircraft were new paint and the winglets added. Thank you for clearing this up

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0549-N721BB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	1033575
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0572-N987SW.jpg
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	1033576

Name:	DSC_0961-PH-BFN.jpg
Size:	611.5 KB
ID:	1033577

Name:	DSC_0442-N67EL.jpg
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1033578
        Was hoping to get these pre-screened. Thank you in advance

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22564[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22565[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22566[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22567[/ATTACH]
          Was hoping to get these pre-screened. Thank you in advance
          1. borderline soft
          2. soft, dark/contrast, backlit
          3. borderline soft
          4. ok

Comment

Name:	DSC_0578-N156LA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	1033658
            Now I seem to have quite the predicament here with this aircraft, after doing a registration check via the FAA and another source no information is available. I am wondering what I should do with this one since I have no information other than the registration and a small inkling of what type aircraft it is. Correction, I see that the aircraft is being re-registered to another number. Should I use the information on the re-registration to go with the one with the current number? What should I do?
            Thank you in advance

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22653[/ATTACH]
              Now I seem to have quite the predicament here with this aircraft, after doing a registration check via the FAA and another source no information is available. I am wondering what I should do with this one since I have no information other than the registration and a small inkling of what type aircraft it is. Correction, I see that the aircraft is being re-registered to another number. Should I use the information on the re-registration to go with the one with the current number? What should I do?
              Thank you in advance
              You might want to ask in the data forum. This is the digital photo processing forum.

Comment

Name:	DSC_0029-N250NN.jpg
Size:	681.9 KB
ID:	1039756

Name:	DSC_0137-N250NN.jpg
Size:	536.0 KB
ID:	1039757

Name:	DSC_0241-EI-GCF.jpg
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	1039758

Name:	DSC_0427-N168JC.jpg
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	1039759
                Was hoping to get these prescreeened. Thank you in advance

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25107[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25108[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25109[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25110[/ATTACH]
                  Was hoping to get these prescreeened. Thank you in advance
                  1. almost backlit
                  2. borderline cut off
                  3. ok
                  4. soft

Comment

• I seem to have a small issue with this shot. It seems to be that the color is the issue but I would like to note that I have similar photographs that were accepted and have the same settings which do not have the color issue and the window glare is something I do not see. I've attached both as a reference to show what I am talking about.
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N646QX. Embraer 170-200LR. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

I seem to have a small issue with this shot. It seems to be that the color is the issue but I would like to note that I have similar photographs that were accepted and have the same settings which do not have the color issue and the window glare is something I do not see. I've attached both as a reference to show what I am talking about.
                      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9411212
                      There is a yellow/green cast on the appealed image, likely due to you having shot through thick terminal glass, which is also causing the shadow in the top left corner. The color cast is there in the accepted image as well, though the screener who accepted obviously didn't feel it was too bad in that case.

Also, when you get a chance, maybe read here a bit:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Especially this bit: "if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

You may continue to appeal/ask for advice as much as you want, but I won't be offering any more advice on images that you appeal before asking for help first.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        There is a yellow/green cast on the appealed image, likely due to you having shot through thick terminal glass, which is also causing the shadow in the top left corner. The color cast is there in the accepted image as well, though the screener who accepted obviously didn't feel it was too bad in that case.

Also, when you get a chance, maybe read here a bit:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Especially this bit: "if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

You may continue to appeal/ask for advice as much as you want, but I won't be offering any more advice on images that you appeal before asking for help first.
                        I totally understand what you are saying. This seems to be something that didn't quite sit right and I should have come here first. Thank you

Comment

I totally understand what you are saying. This seems to be something that didn't quite sit right and I should have come here first. Thank you
                          And yet you go and appeal another one (unsuccessfully) without asking for help first (where you would have been told your appeal would have little chance). You can guess where I might stand on offering any further advice

Comment

• Dlowwa,
                            I would like to note that the way you are addressing this is not needed. Yes I did, but I did it before getting an answer on here. We are all adults and the way you going about this is more childish. I am sorry that you feel that way but if you could change your tone in the way you answer maybe it would be better, but acting childish is not really the way I see screeners acting kindly.

Comment

• You’re of course welcome to your opinion, just as I am to mine

Comment

• I would like to know where the vignetting on this shot is since I seem to be one of the blindest bats around. I can't tell at all but maybe your keen eyes will be able to solve this issue and help me clear it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X