Lat1918-Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    Both top corners are darker and it's too visible. Now, shooting at 4.8 in full sun at that distance is really calling for vignetting. On such conditions stick at F8 and you shouldn't have that issue anymore
    Regards
    Alex

Comment

• I just got this one rejected for horizon unlevel. I did note the comment for rotation. Looking at it myself I do not see the need for it to be rotated, unless I am wrong I can't tell what it is going off of. I'm just curious since I seem to be getting a bit sloppy lately on the leveling. Thank you in advance.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Hello again,
        I am hoping to get some help with the rejection above. I wanted to see if there was anything I missed via the tools given on the site that could clarify this for me, since looking at it myself I do not see how the horizon was unlevel.
        Thank you in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
          Hello again,
          I am hoping to get some help with the rejection above. I wanted to see if there was anything I missed via the tools given on the site that could clarify this for me, since looking at it myself I do not see how the horizon was unlevel.
          Thank you in advance
          Hello,

I'm not a screener, but it seems the buildings in the low left are leaning a little to left, so a touch of CW Rotation seems needed to me.
          Hope it helps.

Regards

Comment

• I was hoping to get some help with a question on how editing halos occur since I am trying to avoid this for future uploads. If someone could explain it in simpler terms I would gladly appreciate it since I am trying to better my editing process.
            Also I would like to understand better the issue of compression and how to avoid it.
            Thank you in advance,
            Richard

Comment

• Halos will show if highlights, shadows, texture, clarity and dehaze are adjusted both up or down from neutral - so always leave them at 0 to avoid halos and an over-editing rejection. If you are taking good photos in good light and the correct camera settings, you will not ever need to adjust any of these settings. As for the halos, they are very subtle indeed, and when I first started less thn a year ago, I just didn't understand what halos looked like, or what caused them - halos are a thin layer of black dust forming around parts of the body... like this here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	halos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1043519

I now am up to 130 pics in the database - https://www.jetphotos.com/photograph...Arnold%20Aaron
              Attached Files

Comment

• I am wondering if there is still a thread or post of some sort for Upload guidelines and what rejections look like. I noticed after the forum update some things have disappeared. Thank you

Comment

I am wondering if there is still a thread or post of some sort for Upload guidelines and what rejections look like. I noticed after the forum update some things have disappeared. Thank you
                  Yes, sorry about that. Seems to have gone, not really sure why. We will try to add it back shortly.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0933-KBUR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	434.2 KB ID:	1075437Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0448-N863AS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	431.9 KB ID:	1075438Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28023.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	1075434
                    Was hoping to get these pre-screened. Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

• First is soft, second is soft darks ar too dark and parts are overexposed, third looks acceptable

Comment

• I have gotten a rejection on the picture/link attached and I did look at it myself and I am a bit stumped to the horizon being unlevel. To me it doesn't seem like it is unlevel and looks fine, I did note the remark for counter clockwise rotation but I just can't see it necessary to be done. I am wondering if a screener could give me a clearer idea for it before I make a mistake of trying to appeal it.
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• I would like to ask the screeners how to upload a slide of a photo which I do not know the owner of since I have purchased it from eBay. Would I have to make a second account to upload said photo? Thank you in advance.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Would I have to make a second account to upload said photo?
                            Yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X