Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: DirtyCrow - editing Advice

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default DirtyCrow - editing Advice

    The Weather was not the best this day, i did my best to get it right but i am still unsure if they are good enough for jp.com.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	660.3 KB 
ID:	11802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5176.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	685.5 KB 
ID:	11803
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5224.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	734.2 KB 
ID:	11804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5171.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	637.0 KB 
ID:	11805

  2. #2
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    The Weather was not the best this day, i did my best to get it right but i am still unsure if they are good enough for jp.com.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	660.3 KB 
ID:	11802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5176.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	685.5 KB 
ID:	11803
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5224.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	734.2 KB 
ID:	11804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5171.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	637.0 KB 
ID:	11805
    These images have the following issues:

    1. borderline contrast
    2. contrast
    3. contrast
    4. horizon (needs CW)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I reworked the one with the A380 in background with more contrast. Is it better now?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	784.8 KB 
ID:	11884

  4. #4
    JetPhotos.Net Crew pdeboer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    near EHAM/AMS
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    I reworked the one with the A380 in background with more contrast. Is it better now?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	784.8 KB 
ID:	11884
    Much better

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Top, thank you.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Now i need advice what to do.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6222961

    I understand the "centered" issue, but not the other two. I can see no vignetting, it was just a cloudy day and if i look at the yellow lines for "Horizon" one of the lines is directly on one of the red-white posts. Ok, maybe it is rotated for 0,05 degrees, but isnt thad a bit hard judged?

  7. #7
    Member Julian S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    near EDFH, Germany
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    Now i need advice what to do.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6222961

    I understand the "centered" issue, but not the other two. I can see no vignetting, it was just a cloudy day and if i look at the yellow lines for "Horizon" one of the lines is directly on one of the red-white posts. Ok, maybe it is rotated for 0,05 degrees, but isnt thad a bit hard judged?
    Hey

    If you equalize the picture, you can see strong halos around the wheels and the engines.To avoid that, let the clarity and "tiefen"/"lichter" (i don't know the correct english words for those) at "0" (in Lightroom).
    In my opinion it's leaning slightly to the right. But im not a screener so you can wait for a professional opinion.

    Have a great weekend!
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

  8. #8
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    Now i need advice what to do.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6222961

    I understand the "centered" issue, but not the other two. I can see no vignetting, it was just a cloudy day and if i look at the yellow lines for "Horizon" one of the lines is directly on one of the red-white posts. Ok, maybe it is rotated for 0,05 degrees, but isnt thad a bit hard judged?
    The right side is much darker than the rest of the frame, thus the vignetting rejection. The verticals are all leaning right, thus the horizon rejection. It needs far more than 0.05 degrees rotation, I'd say something closer to 1.0 degrees is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hey

    If you equalize the picture, you can see strong halos around the wheels and the engines.To avoid that, let the clarity and "tiefen"/"lichter" (i don't know the correct english words for those) at "0" (in Lightroom).
    Halos are not an issue with this image. If they had been, it would have been an 'overprocessing' rejection, so please ignore this advice.
    Last edited by dlowwa; 12-09-2017 at 07:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Do you think it is a way to fix it getting a exposure gradient in? Or would it be overprocessing?

  10. #10
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    Do you think it is a way to fix it getting a exposure gradient in? Or would it be overprocessing?
    I would first want to figure out what caused it before attempting to fix it. Were you shooting through a fence, or did you have the aperture set very wide?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    No, i shot over the fence at f7.1. It was a very cloudy day, so the light conditions were not the same at every spot.

  12. #12
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    No, i shot over the fence at f7.1. It was a very cloudy day, so the light conditions were not the same at every spot.
    I suppose it might just be how the light is hitting the clouds, but it does look very much like what happens when part of a fence (or lens hood) gets in the frame. Rather than trying to edit it out, I'd look for another frame where the effect is less pronounced.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I tried a bit here and there, but nothing worked really well, so i use another picture of the same sequence which should be better. Thanks for your help.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5150.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	651.8 KB 
ID:	11946

  14. #14
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    I tried a bit here and there, but nothing worked really well, so i use another picture of the same sequence which should be better. Thanks for your help.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5150.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	651.8 KB 
ID:	11946
    I don't see any vignetting, but the contrast is poor, and it will need CW rotation.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Reworked both, now ready for upload?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5150.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	727.3 KB 
ID:	11959

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •