Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars in the sky

Hm.

Which were the stars in the sky when you were a kid? There is something like an ascending ranking of
    "Evergreen Passenger a/c types with US-American Origin, jet engines only". But I have found out, that "your #1 aircraft type" is not always #1 in all rankings.

Mine isn't either. So I like to include propellers, of course.

Everybody knows the Evergreen US Passenger jets... But even in this list, in ascending order, years of production, there are surprises. As I always mention it, the Lockheed (500) TriStar was very important for me. But it only was produced between 1970-1984. Which, together with the MD-11, marks the bottom of my list (only 12 years in production).

So, who are your stars in the sky? The DC-10? 20 years in production. Not bad. But what about the B707? 25 years in production. And we still have not reached the top 3.

#3 in this very personal ranking is in my eyes, the Boeing 767 passenger jet. The production ended in 2014, after 34 years.

So, who is #2, and who is #1. As I said, my type is not #1. Not after 48 years since the inauguration flight...

This topic seems to be a perfect question for anyone who is interested in Aviation in the 1960s? Well, I am your listener.

Leave the forum software functions to us - seahawk
    Last edited by seahawk; 2017-12-07, 12:22.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.
Working...
X