MAG - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I don't know how to level this photo correctly
    There is two vertical objects in the photo (metal construction to the left from the center and metal pole to the right from the center) and they are not parallel.
    If I make the metal construction vertical the pole is leaning
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5Q4A7111_e_1200_ph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	1027468

Name:	Vertical_metal_construction.jpg
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1027469
    If I make the pole vertical the metal construction is leaning

Name:	5Q4A7111_e_1200_ph2.jpg
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	1027470

Name:	Vertical_pole.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1027471
    I don't know which variant to choose

Comment

One more question.
      Some aircrafts like Su 30 for example have a long pilot-static tube at nose area. This tube is shown on the photo below

Name:	20180422_100817.png
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1027499
      I'm interesting is it possible to cut off a part of the tube or these photos will be rejected for "part of the aircraft cut off"? Exploring the db I found several photos with the tube being cut off but probably they were lucky accepted photos.
      By the way I will appreciate answering my previous question. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by MAG View Post
        One more question.
        Some aircrafts like Su 30 for example have a long pilot-static tube at nose area. This tube is shown on the photo below
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15161[/ATTACH]
        I'm interesting is it possible to cut off a part of the tube or these photos will be rejected for "part of the aircraft cut off"? Exploring the db I found several photos with the tube being cut off but probably they were lucky accepted photos.
        As you guessed, they were lucky. The tube is part of the photo.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi! I don't know how to level this photo correctly
          There is two vertical objects in the photo (metal construction to the left from the center and metal pole to the right from the center) and they are not parallel.
          If I make the metal construction vertical the pole is leaning
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15130[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15131[/ATTACH]
          If I make the pole vertical the metal construction is leaning
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15132[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15133[/ATTACH]
          I don't know which variant to choose

Still actual

Comment

Still actual
            First one is better.

Comment

Hi! Is this crop acceptable for helicopter?

Name:	5Q4A6944_e_1200_ph.jpg
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1028401
              It's security helicopter for this business jet. The helicopter in the air only for the security reasons and landed after business jet departure. This is why I found this crop interesting.

Comment

The biz jet, ruined by heat and out of focus is really not bringing anything to the whole frame, it's actually just distracting so no, such crop doesn't work here.
                In general planes need to be closer to each other to make such cropping work

regards
                Alex

Comment

Ok, understand. Thanks Alex!

Comment

Hi! I marked by guidelines the objects I used to level the horizon

Name:	HL7423_horizon.jpg
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1028422

Name:	HL7423_horizon_2.jpg
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1028423
                    I didn't use the runway as it has a small hill there and the mast left hand side as it seriously distorted.
                    Is it ok?

Comment

Hello Mag,

yes you understand, the first of the rules is the verticality and it follows taxiways or track slant. It's normal!

Olivier

Comment

Hi! I marked by guidelines the objects I used to level the horizon
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16294[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16295[/ATTACH]
                        I didn't use the runway as it has a small hill there and the mast left hand side as it seriously distorted.
                        Is it ok?
                        Verticals will be considered first, before any horizontal references (unless that reference is the horizon itself). We don't zoom in to 200-300% to check verticals, so probably not much use in doing it yourself.

Comment

Hi! In the appeal answer I found a very strange and confusing me message: "Your appeal for photo id 6782533 has been processed and has been rejected.
                          Admin Comments >> Hi, Well, the screener left you a message about over proc... would have been great to read it before appealing.". In the appeal I wrote that I didn't find any additional information (exept rejection categories) in the photo submission letter. But Admin it seems didn't read that I didn't find this information. Admin is sure that the screener left a message and advice me to read it before appeal... Hmm... I would have been happy to read this message... Can somebody help me to find this message? Usually the message apears in the Rejection Reasons field.

JetPhotos Photo Submission Results Sep/13/18 18:01
                          Thank you for taking the time to upload your photos to JetPhotos! As always, we sincerely appreciate your continued support, and look forward to seeing more photo contributions from you in the future!If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the results of your photo submissions, which are outlined below, please respond directly to this e-mail, and the screener who handled your photos will get in touch with you shortly.
                          Please be sure to check out our Photo Upload Guidelines page, for detailed photo submission guidelines, as well as detailed explanations of every rejection reason.
                          If you would like to appeal a rejection, please click the 'Appeal' link located below the information for the photo you wish to appeal.
                          JetPhotos helps its users with the 'Digital Photo Processing Forum' If you have received a rejection you just don't know how to fix, or understand, please don't hesitate to make use of this forum, moderated by a group of our screeners, for suggestions, assistance, and even demonstrations on how to bring out the best in your photos!
                          Best Regards,
                          The JetPhotos Screening Team
                          REJECTED PHOTOS=1
                          RejectID: 6782533 Time in queue: 11 days 7 hours 59 minutes
                          Airline China Southern Airlines
                          Aircraft Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner
                          Registration B-2788
                          Rejection Reason(s): - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
                          - Horizon unlevel
                          - Categories wrong or missing
                          Appeal this photo
                          Photos accepted 0
                          Photos rejected: 1
                          TOTAL PHOTOS PROCESSED: 1
                          Acceptance Ratio: 0%
                          Average time in queue: 11 days 7 hours 59 minutes
                          QUEUE STATUS
                          Photos not screened: 5
                          Photos in screening:i 0
                          Photos waiting for Admin review: 0
                          TOTAL PHOTOS IN QUEUE: 5

Name:	6782533 letter.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1030319

Comment

Screener made a small error and left the message on the wrong box - it was "too much noise reduction" which is really the case here if you look at the ground, grass

Regards
                            Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X