MAG - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAG View Post
    It was rather a question "why correct histogram and correct exposed photo goes to reject?" then asking for advise.
    I used my accepted photos to show why I'm still sure that Eurowings was correctly exposed. But I understand your position. "White fuselage is more important than anything else and it doesn't matter if picture became unnatural. Screener opinion is the only one correct. There's no place for discussion".
    If it's prescreening topic where is the forum for discussion of rejected photos like it was before?
    As Geri said, you asked for advice, and you received it. I'm not telling you that you need to agree or follow that advice if you choose not to. I was simply trying to help you increase your chances of getting your images accepted. Ultimately, you can process and submit your photos however you prefer.

Comment

Thanks again dlowwa for advise. It's sad that screener advise is not for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        Horizon looks OK
        Thanks Geri. After centering the aircraft should I leave this rotation because this rotation shows correct horizon?

Comment

MAG - Rejection question (horizon)

Hi! Got this photo rejected for "unleveled horizon"
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6287714
          From the upload guidelines:
          "To ensure your photo is level use a vertical reference point such as a building to straighten things out."

Verticals are parallel to guidelines
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical1_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	1021629 Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical1_4.jpg
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1021630 Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical1_2.jpg
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1021631

Buildinng's verticals are parallel to guidlines

Name:	Vertical1_3.jpg
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1021632
          Even runway equipment are vertical

Name:	Vertical1_5.jpg
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1021628
          Of course you can say "needs very very small rotation like 0.00001 degree". But if so many verticals are vertical what for any additional actions?

Comment

Thanks Geri. After centering the aircraft should I leave this rotation because this rotation shows correct horizon?
            Hi! Got this photo rejected for "unleveled horizon"
            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6287714
            From the upload guidelines:
            "To ensure your photo is level use a vertical reference point such as a building to straighten things out."

Verticals are parallel to guidelines
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12890[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12891[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12892[/ATTACH]

Buildinng's verticals are parallel to guidlines
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12893[/ATTACH]
            Even runway equipment are vertical

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12889[/ATTACH]
            Of course you can say "needs very very small rotation like 0.00001 degree". But if so many verticals are vertical what for any additional actions?
            And silence was the answer 7 and 3 days...

Comment

Yes but meanwhile we screened and reduced the queue dramatically ... Sorry if we missed replying to you but not sure you'll get anywhere by "And silence was the answer 7 and 3 days...". Such message is really a motivation killer for volunteer crew members...
              So to give you a quick reply, the images provided there are too small to judge the horizon but looking at the overall image and verticals I believe it was correctly rejected and just needs a small 0.2 adjustment to be acceptable.

Sincerely
              Alex

Comment

By the way Alex since you are here. I see some changes in the forum. Now all question from one person in this thread joined to one topic "User name - Editing advice". As JP administrator how do you think this novation is helpful? My thoughts about this as follows:
                1. Not every message is the ask for advice
                2. Now the name of the topic tells nothing about its content. For example in the past I often read some topics when I saw that the name of the topic was interesting to me. With this novation I read forum rarely because I have no motivation to go inside the topic with several pages and the name "User1 - Editing advice" or "User2 - Editing advice" etc as I don't know is there anything interesting to me or not
                3. This increases chances to miss replying to somebody

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                Yes but meanwhile we screened and reduced the queue dramatically ...
                Alex
                It's great achievment of the team! And it become a very good tradition to reduce the queue in the begining of the year! It's like a new year gift to all aviation photographers. But all efforts like this doesn't solve the problem with the queue globally in my opinion. I think administrative instruments can help only.

"And silence was the answer 7 and 3 days...". Such message is really a motivation killer for volunteer crew members...
                Alex
                Are they volunteer? I didn't know that. Anyway I didn't want to kill somebody's motivation or offence someone. I just wanted to attract attention to my question.
                But if we talk about killing motivation I can tell you what kills motivation of photographer to upload (of course if motivation of photographer is interesting to you):
                - when the photographer got reject when very very small changes need (like 0.1 rotation: verticals are vertical but very small rotation needed, very small expo correction: histogram is good but very small expo correction needed). It looks like finding fault or willing to reject.
                - when the photographer see the photos in the db with the same or even worse rotation or exposure accepted from other photographers. For example once I saw about 10 photos accepted with the same rotation as mine in few monthes after my was rejected
                - when screener advice is not for discussion
                - when a new member can not achieve more than 20 upload slots. Former elite members have 100. If you joined since 2015 you have no chanse. The rules are not equal for everyone. By the way withount limitation of the queue the reject can be considered as the advice and won't be a problem
                - when the photographer can not discuss the reject with the screener who screened his photos
                - when the reason for rejection is not evident as no explanation why the screener think so and the photographer have to appeal like a "blind kitten"

just needs a small 0.2 adjustment to be acceptable
                Alex
                Do you mean CW or CCW rotation?

Comment

CW rotation

Comment

As it is always hard to understand all similar criterias I have to ask.
                    Is this photo similar to the photos in the db?

Name:	5Q4A6029_e_1200_ph2_c3_up.jpg
Size:	807.8 KB
ID:	1021702

VQ-BIA over the runway on the short final to Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. VQ-BIA. Boeing 747-4KZF(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

VQ-BIA taking off at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. VQ-BIA. Boeing 747-4KZF(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

shouldn't be too hard to understand :
                      2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                      - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                      or
                      - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                      - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two).

So on your case, not similar

Comment

Thanks Alex! Great news! I was almost sure that the answer was "yes". It's funny but sometimes I think that the photo is not similar and get "similar rejection" this time I was ready to the answer similar. Maybe I'm stupid...
                        By the way I read your comment to another photographer about similar photos.
                        Background, snow or not, are all things that might avoid a shot being similar with another - Wheels up or down doesn't change anything

Hope it helps

Alex
                        May I understand your words about snow as follows:
                        Two pictures will not be similar if one is a summer shot with grass visible in the photo and another one is a winter shot with snow visible in the photo even if angle is the same.

Comment

Hi Alex! Could you please comment your words about snow and similar photos?

Comment

Oh sorry,
                            A snowy landscape is definitely never similar to a green summer shot.

Alex

Comment

Thank you Alex. It's great!

Comment

Hi! Got this photo rejected for "Cropping, ratio etc"
                                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I think I understand this rejection category but screener's comment confused me. "Thin black border along bottom of frame". I couldn't find this thin black border. Please help me find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X