No announcement yet.

MAG - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the line is not black but white/grey, look between the grass and the copyright bar

cheers
    Alex

Comment

Oh... I see it. Very strange. This line apears every time I resize the image to 1200 pix. I downsize the image before resizing by 1 pix and resising not produce this line any more. By the way deep search for this line helped me to find some noise and improve the image.

Comment

One more question
        How to level this photo properly
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Which object I should choose as reference?

Comment

Originally posted by MAG View Post
          One more question
          How to level this photo properly
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Which object I should choose as reference?
          Hey!
          I stared at your photo for more than 2 minutes and had checked the verticals of the building between the main landing gear and i must say that this looks leveled to me - but my Photoshop Elements "Auto Rotation" says 0,15 CCW Rotation. Probably there are other opinions so you can wait for a better statement.
          For leveling best use verticals in the middle of the frame. They mostly aren´t touched from the distortion of the lens.

Hope this helps! Greetings to Russia and have a nice evening
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

Comment

Thank you Julian! 0.15 CCW is an unexpected answer from photoshop. I rather expected to hear CW than CCW. So I'm in doubt... Let's wait what the screener says.

Comment

Waiting for screener's opinion

Comment

Hi! Got this photo rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6359309 for "digital manipulation". l read the guidelines and I'm absolutely confused. My usual digital manipulation with the photo is removing dust spots. But as I remember in this photo there wasn't even dust spots. So I'm wondering what means digital manipulation in this photo? Off course I can provide RAW file.

Comment

Hi! Got this photo rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6359309 for "digital manipulation". l read the guidelines and I'm absolutely confused. My usual digital manipulation with the photo is removing dust spots. But as I remember in this photo there wasn't even dust spots. So I'm wondering what means digital manipulation in this photo? Off course I can provide RAW file.
                  I don't see any obvious manipulation issue.. the rejection reason was selected by a screener in training, so perhaps it was in error. I will double check with them and let you know.

Comment

Hi! Do you have any news for me?

Comment

Hi! Do you have any news for me?
                      Yes, sorry. I talked with the screener involved, and it was an error. You can disregard that rejection reason.

Comment

Hi! I very very need help from the screening team.
                        Got this photo rejected for unleveled horizon https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6364829
                        Screener's comment was "I\'ve checked the verticals in PS, and it needs 0.5º CW to be level"
                        I used verticals of the building to level the horizon. I folowed screener's advice and the result made me confused.
                        Here is my rejected version in PS with guide lines. I see all verticals of the building are parallel with guide lines
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Before_rotation.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	1022488
                        Here is the version after 0.5 CW rotation. I see all verticals of the building are not parallel with guide lines

Name:	After_rotation.jpg
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	1022489
                        Here is the rotated version after I push apply button

Name:	After_rotation_app.jpg
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	1022490
                        For my understanding, could you please help me. Maybe I use not the same object as reference that the screener use. I don't know... If the building is a good reference my rejected version is leveled and version after 0.5 CW rotation looks leaning to the right. I will appreciate for explanation. Thanks!

Comment

Hi! I very very need help from the screening team.
                          Got this photo rejected for unleveled horizon https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6364829
                          Screener's comment was "I\'ve checked the verticals in PS, and it needs 0.5º CW to be level"
                          I used verticals of the building to level the horizon. I folowed screener's advice and the result made me confused.
                          Here is my rejected version in PS with guide lines. I see all verticals of the building are parallel with guide lines
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13912[/ATTACH]
                          Here is the version after 0.5 CW rotation. I see all verticals of the building are not parallel with guide lines
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13913[/ATTACH]
                          Here is the rotated version after I push apply button
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13914[/ATTACH]
                          For my understanding, could you please help me. Maybe I use not the same object as reference that the screener use. I don't know... If the building is a good reference my rejected version is leveled and version after 0.5 CW rotation looks leaning to the right. I will appreciate for explanation. Thanks!
                          Middle one looks best to me. Also keep in mind that nobody screens by zooming in to 100% and then applying guidelines. The overall image will be checked, and then an assessment given. We don't have time for much else. I'm sure whoever gave you the 0.5 advice when they rejected your appeal also didn't zoom to 100%, but rather gave it a quick rotation to see what looked best.

Comment

Thank you for the answer. Your answer makes me frustrating. To reject correctly leveled photo (from technical point of view) because slightly leaning photo "looks better". Not to use 100% zoom during appeal. It's sad news.

Comment

Thank you for the answer. Your answer makes me frustrating. To reject correctly leveled photo (from technical point of view) because slightly leaning photo "looks better". Not to use 100% zoom during appeal. It's sad news.
                              Well, I guess you shouldn't be too surprised once you realise you are submitting your images to a website where they will be mostly judged based on which ones look better

Comment

Hi! I want to ask if this frame acceptable or not?

Name:	5Q4A3349_e_1200_ph_c.jpg
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	1022888

I understand it can be considered as "the main object too small" but I found this composition of two aircrafts interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X