MAG - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAG View Post
    Hi! I want to ask if this frame acceptable or not?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14382[/ATTACH]

I understand it can be considered as "the main object too small" but I found this composition of two aircrafts interesting.
    Borderline, so will probably depend on whoever ends up screening it.

Comment

In the photo below I used verticals marked by guide lines to level the horizon. All these verticals seems parallel to the guide lines to me. Is it bad leveling?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HorizonDAIUF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1022979

Comment

In the photo below I used verticals marked by guide lines to level the horizon. All these verticals seems parallel to the guide lines to me. Is it bad leveling?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14509[/ATTACH]
        Don't see anything too wrong with the leveling in this particular image.

Comment

Hi! I'm in doubt. Is this shot falls to night shot category or not?

Name:	5Q4A4231_e_1200_ph_c2_up.jpg
Size:	674.0 KB
ID:	1023137
          I think it's day light shot, but I guess it can be considered as night shot. So it's better to ask. Thanks!

Comment

Hi! I'm in doubt. Is this shot falls to night shot category or not?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]14734[/ATTACH]
            I think it's day light shot, but I guess it can be considered as night shot. So it's better to ask. Thanks!
            Yes, please, as the sun is very low, what you can see on the shadows.
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

Thank you Julian!

Comment

Hi! I found this crop the most interesting for the shot. Could you please say is this crop acceptable?

Name:	5Q4A9641_e_600_ph_c_up.jpg
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1027392

Comment

Hi! I found this crop the most interesting for the shot. Could you please say is this crop acceptable?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15024[/ATTACH]
                  I personally don't see any reason for the portrait orientation, as you're just adding sky at the top and the helicopters are distant and cut off at the bottom - but others may disagree

Comment

Ok, I understand your reasons. What do you say about this one? Is this crop better?

Name:	5Q4A9641_e_600_s2.JPG
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	1027393

Comment

Ok, I understand your reasons. What do you say about this one? Is this crop better?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15025[/ATTACH]
                      Better, but still borderline for me anyway.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15025[/ATTACH]
                        I would accept it.

Comment

Hi! I used objects marked by guide lines to level the horizon. All these objects seems parallel to the guide lines to me. I didn't use masts in the center because they intersect each other. Is it incorrect leveling?

Name:	Horizon_VQBWW.jpg
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	1027444

Comment

Hi! I used objects marked by guide lines to level the horizon. All these objects seems parallel to the guide lines to me. I didn't use masts in the center because they intersect each other. Is it incorrect leveling?
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15104[/ATTACH]
                            Center pole and building leaning slightly left; needs CW.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              Center pole and building leaning slightly left; needs CW.
                              Hi! Disagree. The central pole is naturally leaning it is clear in this crop. Two poles intersect while they should be vertical and parallel to each other. So we can not use them as reference.

Name:	20180420_160607.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1027464
                              Vertical line of the building is absolutely parallel to the guide line. It's visible in this crop.

Name:	20180420_120657.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1027465
                              Verticals of the pipe are parallel to the guide lines.

Name:	20180420_120729.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1027466
                              The building and the pipe are stable objects and good reference. Long metal poles with visible intersection are pure reference as the intersection is the proof of their leaning nature

Comment

Hi! Disagree. The central pole is naturally leaning it is clear in this crop. Two poles intersect while they should be vertical and parallel to each other. So we can not use them as reference.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15126[/ATTACH]
                                Vertical line of the building is absolutely parallel to the guide line. It's visible in this crop.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15127[/ATTACH]
                                Verticals of the pipe are parallel to the guide lines.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15128[/ATTACH]
                                The building and the pipe are stable objects and good reference. Long metal poles with visible intersection are pure reference as the intersection is the proof of their leaning nature
                                It was just an opinion of a well experienced screener. You don't have to agree or disagree and I for one will not enter in an argument here. If you think, dlowwa was wrong, upload it.
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X