Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday’s Photo Views

Hi all

Kinda wondering about this. I have a reasonable spread of accepted photos in the dB. I figure I now know how the FR24 thing works.

i do wonder why certain images of mine ( outside initial..FR24 criteria etc...) keep coming up day/ week as high hits when they are ( to me) not that special and long in the Tooth.

Are other sites linking/using and not disclosing?

eg

short finals as the sun sets. EI-EPG. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

EC-JXV. Airbus A319-112. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HB-IOM. Airbus A321-212. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

ps don’t think I am trying to increase my hits - it’s a genuine question

cheers
    T

Hi 777MAN, know what you mean. I also have one shot in the db - nothing special, long forgotten in FR24, but still has up to 50 hits every day.
    I have no idea why - and just as you I'm wondering if there are any other sites linking to the db. Anybody out there with an idea ?
    greets

Comment

I have the same thing with a Turkish Airlines B737 landing in Malta. It is in my top 5 almost every day.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Seems like everyone has some old photos under the top 5

Already discussed here:

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          I have the same thing with a Turkish Airlines B737 landing in Malta. It is in my top 5 almost every day.
          ....and of course, having said that it promptly disappears from views !!
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi,

I don't have a simple answer for this but 2 suggestions:

1) It has been shared on social media. This happens a fair bit and old posts on social media can lead to people being directed to the photo.

2) It is related to the way that Google indexes the site as well. Google indexes the site regularly to ensure that their search results are up to date. Also "notes" are indexed by google meaning if you search for something like "EI-EPG short finals" the first result is:

short finals as the sun sets. EI-EPG. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks,
            Laurence

Comment

I too have a Ryanair shot which, for reasons unknown, became massively popular and is now my most viewed. Would like to know where all the hits came from as it's not displayed on flightradar24. Coincidentally, quite a few shots from that same spotting session all performed well

Comment

Working...
              X