Jordan Louie - Editing Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Louie - Editing Advise

Could I please get some feedback on these pics?

Originally posted by Jordan Louie View Post
    Could I please get some feedback on these pics?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12367[/ATTACH]
    Unfortunately these would all be rejected. They all have issues compression, overprocessing (editing halos), and contrast (especially the first).

Comment

Jordan Louie - Editing Advice

Hi I'm new to Jetphotos and photography in general and I was wondering if I could get some editing advice for this picture. I tried compressing it using editing software that is available to me (ViewNX-i the default for Nikon), however the quality of the picture is quite poor compared to pictures that I generally see on Jetphotos. Also are there any other issues with the picture? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi I'm new to Jetphotos and photography in general and I was wondering if I could get some editing advice for this picture. I tried compressing it using editing software that is available to me (ViewNX-i the default for Nikon), however the quality of the picture is quite poor compared to pictures that I generally see on Jetphotos. Also are there any other issues with the picture? Any advice is greatly appreciated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12905[/ATTACH]
        Yes, it is suffering a bit from compression, though not terribly so. The biggest issue is the contrast (or lack of). It's also slightly underexposed. You'll want to aim for something like the left side here, although you'd need to do a new edit from scratch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0166(2).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	1021639

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Yes, it is suffering a bit from compression, though not terribly so. The biggest issue is the contrast (or lack of). It's also slightly underexposed. You'll want to aim for something like the left side here, although you'd need to do a new edit from scratch:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12906[/ATTACH]
          Thank you for the help!

Comment

Jordan Louie - Editing Advise

Hi I was wondering if this picture has a chance to make it onto JetPhotos. It would be the first picture of this aircraft if it did make it up. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!
            -Jordan

Comment

Hi I was wondering if this picture has a chance to make it onto JetPhotos. It would be the first picture of this aircraft if it did make it up. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!
              -Jordan
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13178[/ATTACH]
              Unfortunately no, even though we are more lenient for first images, the light in this one is too poor. It would be rejected for contrast & color, and I don't think there is much you can do to improve it. If you have other frames with better light, they might be worth the effort.

Comment

Unfortunately no, even though we are more lenient for first images, the light in this one is too poor. It would be rejected for contrast & color, and I don't think there is much you can do to improve it. If you have other frames with better light, they might be worth the effort.
                Just for future reference, does this picture have too much or too little contrast?

Comment

Just for future reference, does this picture have too much or too little contrast?
                  Too little.

Comment

Too little.
                    Okay thanks for the information. Could you please prescreen these pics? I'm not quite sure about the second one because the rgb histogram looks okay, but the color still doesn't look quite right. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Okay thanks for the information. Could you please prescreen these pics? I'm not quite sure about the second one because the rgb histogram looks okay, but the color still doesn't look quite right. Any help is appreciated.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13334[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13336[/ATTACH]
                      1. bit dark, otherwise ok
                      2. yes, strong yellow/green cast, but also soft, almost blurry, so probably not worth trying to fix

Comment

1. bit dark, otherwise ok
                        2. yes, strong yellow/green cast, but also soft, almost blurry, so probably not worth trying to fix
                        Okay thanks. The Air Canada Rouge is in the queue

Comment

I have one more question and I'm not sure if its a dumb question.

The picture above shows the rbg histogram for the picture of the American 738. To me the picture looks fine, but the rgb histogram shows that the blue values are offset towards the right and the red values are offset to the left. I've noticed this in many of my pictures and I was wondering if there is anyway I can fix this either while taking the picture or while editing the picture? Also does this automatically signal that the picture has a contrast issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! -Jordan

Comment

I have one more question and I'm not sure if its a dumb question.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]13388[/ATTACH]
                            The picture above shows the rbg histogram for the picture of the American 738. To me the picture looks fine, but the rgb histogram shows that the blue values are offset towards the right and the red values are offset to the left. I've noticed this in many of my pictures and I was wondering if there is anyway I can fix this either while taking the picture or while editing the picture? Also does this automatically signal that the picture has a contrast issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! -Jordan
                            Try adjusting the white balance. No, this is not an indication that there is a contrast issue, you'd need to look at the luminance for that; even so. I don't think I've ever used the RBG histogram when screening.

Comment

This picture was taken awhile ago on an older camera that (in my experience spotting) doesn't yield the best of high quality, good pictures. I was wondering if this picture even has a chance of making it and if so, how do I level the shot?

Thanks for the help
                              -Jordan

Comment

Working...
                              X