Jordan Louie - Editing Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    White balance still much too warm, and now image is also soft.
    I'm not sure how far to adjust the white balance since the sky looks blue when I make the a/c less orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Louie View Post
      I'm not sure how far to adjust the white balance since the sky looks blue when I make the a/c less orange.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]14330[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]14331[/ATTACH]
      First one is the better of the two, I suppose.

Comment

Could I get these two pics screened please?

Comment

Could I get these two pics screened please?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14444[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14445[/ATTACH]
          Hi Jordan.

I`m not a screener but my opinion is that both photos lacks contrast and have visible compression (principal in the #1, near the right wing)

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
            Hi Jordan.

I`m not a screener but my opinion is that both photos lacks contrast and have visible compression (principal in the #1, near the right wing)

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel
            Hi Vinicius,
            Is there anything I can do to fix a picture with poor compression either in the editing or photography process?
            Thanks, Jordan

Comment

Yes, these would be rejected for contrast, compression, and oversharpening as well.

Comment

Hi Vinicius,
                Is there anything I can do to fix a picture with poor compression either in the editing or photography process?
                Thanks, Jordan
                Hi Jordan,

Yes, there is some ways to solve this, but depends from some points. Did you shot in RAW or JPEG? and when you save your final file, did you do in the best possible quality?

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel

Comment

Hi Jordan,

Yes, there is some ways to solve this, but depends from some points. Did you shot in RAW or JPEG? and when you save your final file, did you do in the best possible quality?

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel
                  Hi Vinicius,
                  The two pictures were shot on raw. From there, I adjusted the white balance and then converted them into jpegs. I didn’t touch the contrast, but I would have adjusted contrast with white balance.
                  Thanks for the help, Jordan

Comment

Hi Vinicius,
                    The two pictures were shot on raw. From there, I adjusted the white balance and then converted them into jpegs. I didn’t touch the contrast, but I would have adjusted contrast with white balance.
                    Thanks for the help, Jordan
                    Did you converte in JPG and after this do your workflow? In what quality did you save your JPG?

Comment

Did you converte in JPG and after this do your workflow? In what quality did you save your JPG?

For this edit, I adjusted the white balance and the contrast while it was still a raw file. I then converted the raw file into a JPG file, the size that is acceptable for JetPhotos.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14494[/ATTACH]
                        For this edit, I adjusted the white balance and the contrast while it was still a raw file. I then converted the raw file into a JPG file, the size that is acceptable for JetPhotos.
                        Jordan, many points of your workflow can result in this compression. I will list some of them:

1. If you save in less than the high quality
                        2. If you save multiple times the same JPG file and edit them (just save in the final step, when you complete your editing workflow)
                        3. If you apply too much noise reduction
                        4. some filters in NIK Collection can also contribute
                        5. the original file maybe is in a low quality
                        6. maybe you sharpen the all the image before resize too...

So...Many points can contribute.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14494[/ATTACH]
                          Still relatively compressed (and white balance a bit off). If starting from a RAW file, the save settings when converting to jpeg (or at a later stage) are causing the issues.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will retry a new edit when I get the time to.

Comment

Thank you guys for your patience in helping me. I think this edit is better, since I stopped applying so much noise reduction.

Comment

Hey Jordan,

I still see visible compression in this shot. I also equalize and the compression are noticeable

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jordan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	930.2 KB
ID:	1022978

It's better wait a comment from a screener too.

If you want I can do a quick edit using my workflow and see if the compression appears here. Just send me a PM if you are interested in change some information.

Best,

Vinicius Cruvinel

Comment

Working...
                                X