Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Latest photo not displayed on FR

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default Latest photo not displayed on FR

    Hello,

    This appears to be the latest photo of this particular AC https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8789317, however it is not displayed on FR24. Is there a reason this is excluded or it this some kind of caching / bug?

    Thank you,

    Oleksiy

  2. #2
    Member Anatal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    142

    Default

    It takes a few hours to update, please be patient
    Cheers

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    it's been 4 days

  4. #4
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Aircraft doesn't show the whole scheme which can be confusing, specially with Emirates numerous special paints - Tht's the reason why it's not showing

    Kind regards
    Alex

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    i suspected this, but wanted to double check.
    thank you, Alex

  6. #6
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Aircraft doesn't show the whole scheme which can be confusing, specially with Emirates numerous special paints - Tht's the reason why it's not showing

    Kind regards
    Alex
    It's none of my business, I am not a plane spotter, photographer, screened, or have anything to do with JP (except an active forum member) or FR24.

    But what can be confusing? The photo clearly shows Emirates written on the side and the belly of the plane.
    Is it that there are doubts about whether this picture really depicts A6-EUG?

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  7. #7
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    No,
    It's because some of those Emirates A380 have a special scheme located just behind the wing on an area which is not visible on that pic.

  8. #8
    Senior Member brianw999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK.
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    No,
    It's because some of those Emirates A380 have a special scheme located just behind the wing on an area which is not visible on that pic.
    ....and FR24 want their site users to see the whole aircraft in the pictures used from jetphotos.com.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !


  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hello,

    This appears to be the latest photo of this particular AC https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8839492 however it is not displayed on FR24. Is there a reason this is excluded or it this some kind of caching / bug?

    Thank you,
    Robert

  10. #10
    Member mahagonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bari
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    ....and FR24 want their site users to see the whole aircraft in the pictures used from jetphotos.com.
    although, sometimes, perhaps due to lack of adequate view of the plane, FR24 also shows partial photos, such as the nose.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahagonny View Post
    although, sometimes, perhaps due to lack of adequate view of the plane, FR24 also shows partial photos, such as the nose.
    Just need to have some patience
    It is finally showing up in Flightradar24.

  12. #12
    Member mahagonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bari
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Happy for you

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    One thing I noticed on one of my pictures (I never check if my picture is the latest and showing on fr24 lol, but this plane is special to me ) is that even though my picture of this particular plane is the "newest" by date taken if I look on JP, on FR24 it's actually the second pic, the one showing on FR24 is another picture which is second newest pic of the aircraft on JP, but was uploaded after mine and taken on the same day (and probably about a minute or less before mine lol) so I am assuming for FR24 it will actually show the newest date but if an older picture on that same date is uploaded later then it shows up on FR24. Don't mind me I am just bored

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    This is also the latest photo of this one in the database. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8854447. It's not the complete aircraft, but it does show at least al the titles
    Still remains strange to me as my best viewed photo is a partly close up of a EK A380 which remainesd at Fr 24 for a couple of months.

    Best Regards.

    Wilko

  15. #15
    Senior Member brianw999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK.
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    That image is marked not for FR24 use because it is a half crop.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !


  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    That image is marked not for FR24 use because it is a half crop.
    Thanks for the explanation Brian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •