Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much or too little contrast?

Hello and sorry if I disturb again
    Although I have many photos published, I still encounter some difficulties to understand the rejections for this reason.
    Eg

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

this is too much or too little contrast?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I would like to know about this one
    Thanks to those who want to solve this problem.
    Sorry for my bad english

Hey

Both have too little contrast. The shadows are too bright (gap on the left side of the histogram) and probably you can lighten the highlights.

Only a try...not sure if this works!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Hello,

The monitor you are using significantly affects perceived image. You must be always dependent on luminosity histogram to decide about parameters. Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Thank you for the answers. I will try to better study the histograms in RAW filter

Comment

Hey forum! I got (again) a picture rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6280396

but this one got accepted (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8807384), for me they look very similar so I did not understand why I got rejected.

What do I need to improve on the Swiss to get accepted? More contrast, less? Is it fixable?

Thanks a lot!!

(just posting it here to be inclusive on the post as I have the same issue)

Comment

Originally posted by pauwelsc View Post
            Hey forum! I got (again) a picture rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6280396

but this one got accepted (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8807384), for me they look very similar so I did not understand why I got rejected.

What do I need to improve on the Swiss to get accepted? More contrast, less? Is it fixable?

Thanks a lot!!

(just posting it here to be inclusive on the post as I have the same issue)
            Hey

I have downloaded your picture for editing and this is what i have now. (left side edited / right side your original)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	48169_1514745225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	816.3 KB
ID:	1021566
            I have only adjusted the levels, but, i´m not sure if this is enough or unfixable, probably a screener can give you this answer.

Hope this helps a bit, have a nice weekend!
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
              Hey

I have downloaded your picture for editing and this is what i have now. (left side edited / right side your original)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]12802[/ATTACH]
              I have only adjusted the levels, but, i´m not sure if this is enough or unfixable, probably a screener can give you this answer.

Hope this helps a bit, have a nice weekend!
              Nothing to add here, you nailed it. As far as I can see, that would be acceptable.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                Nothing to add here, you nailed it. As far as I can see, that would be acceptable.
                Well, then I will edit the original in the same way and add it to the queue.

Thanks for the useful help Julian!

UPDATE: added to the queue!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HB-JBA edit bis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1021571

Comment

Working...
                X