Westjet and Sunwings 737's in collision at Toronto Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westjet and Sunwings 737's in collision at Toronto Pearson

Looks like the empty Sunwings plane was backed into the wingtip of the awaiting Westjet plane. Sunwings APU caught fire. Westjet evacuated via the slides. No injuries reported.

-21 C. I'm going with brain freeze.

More here:

Two airliners collided on the ground at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, causing a small fire on one and an emergency evacuation of the other. One emergency worker was taken to hospital with injuries.

http://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/949449121747759104

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS0z5ANXcAEgFyY.jpg

Comment

From the ATC audio you can see that the decision to evacuate was immediately after the crew reaiized their wing was on fire. Yet one passenger describes a bit of a delay with the cabin crew repeatedly telling them to "remain seated". That would be hard to do. On the other hand:

Lobo took a video of the fire, and said eventually everybody slid down the emergency slides to safety, though the process was slowed by passengers who insisted on taking their carry-on luggage with them.

Comment

Nuts that the F/A's were saying stay seated.

Comment

Every passenger who gets back to the terminal who has carry on luggage with them should be arrested and charged with endangerment of life. These arrogant, unintelligent assholes should be taken to task and action taken against them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....If you ever delay my evacuation because you want to get your carry on out of the locker then you can expect footprints to appear on the back of your head ! And trust me, I weigh 22 stone, it will hurt !!
          Last edited by brianw999; 2018-01-06, 13:55.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            I've said it before and I'll say it again....If you ever delay my evacuation because you want to get your carry on out of the locker then you can expect footprints to appear on the back of your head ! And trust me, I weigh 22 stone, it will hurt !!
            Or maybe it really should be a 'locker'...

Comment

There are fair reasons to delay an evacuation. In the 737, for example, flaps have to be set to full for the pax evacuating through the overwing emergency exits to be able to slide down the trailing edge. Setting parking brakes and shutting down the engines are also good ideas.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

What I don’t like is the L O N G silence and repeated ding dong of the telephone for SECRET conversations. “USE THE DAMN INTERCOM. Folks, remain seated for just a moment while we shut off the engines...Flight attendants plan for protocol “x”.

Brian- I get your concerns and all, but the more of these I see, it’s a calm, almost slow process, so a computer with valuable data, or your anxiety nitroglycerin pills in the bag...whammo, GRAY AREA SLIPPERY SLOPE and Brian winds up injuring others in an excessive, irresponsible effort to save only himself...
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                X