Pre-screen -DARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Mmmm... without being sarcastic, the horizon? Did you look again at the last one? It looks like you were falling over when you took it, everything is leaning severely to the left, as with (to a lesser extent) the others. Taking a look at the horizon is a good place to start, and it's (somewhat) visible in all of those images.
    For the engine shot I didn't know whether to center the engine itself or to look at the horizon. I get it now. But for the jet fighters I'm not sure where to look at. The lens I used was a 10-18mm and the distortion is making it a bit hard for me to make it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by darazarbaf View Post
      For the engine shot I didn't know whether to center the engine itself or to look at the horizon. I get it now. But for the jet fighters I'm not sure where to look at. The lens I used was a 10-18mm and the distortion is making it a bit hard for me to make it right.
      If what we are seeing were truly the result of barrel distortion caused by your ultra wide angle lens, then the angles would slope equally towards the center on both side. That is not the case in your images. The treeline in the background (substitute for the horizon) should be mostly level, or at least slope equally. It clearly does not. The verticals near the edges should be leaning inwards due to the aforementioned barrel distortion, but they are nearly straight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0373 64 1400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	826.3 KB
ID:	1031508

The treeline doesn't necessarily need to be perfectly level (especially if it's moving away at an angle from you), but it should be a little more level than that.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for the explanation. Will take that into account.
        Cheers

Comment

• Hey guys, would be grateful to have your comments on these shots:

Name:	0573 152405 1400.jpg
Size:	683.7 KB
ID:	1031560

Name:	01 EPEKD 1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	838.6 KB
ID:	1031561

Name:	02 EPEKE 1280.jpg
Size:	770.5 KB
ID:	1031562
          Thanks,
          Dara

Comment

Hey guys, would be grateful to have your comments on these shots:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20110[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20111[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20112[/ATTACH]
            Thanks,
            Dara
            1. soft
            2-3 borderline compression/noise in the sky

Second is obstructed, but if it is permanent this would be allowable.

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejected tor centering but it’s amazing that for a little margin like this the screeners decide to reject. What do you think guys?

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6961819

Rejected tor centering but it’s amazing that for a little margin like this the screenera decide to reject. What do you think guys?
                Centering is passable, but horizon needs CW.

Comment

• What do you think guys?
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The source of light is somehow yellowish. I personally disagree with the decision so would like to know what you think.

Comment

What do you think guys?
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The source of light is somehow yellowish. I personally disagree with the decision so would like to know what you think.
                    White balance too warm, and a little dark. Should be easy to fix.

Comment

White balance too warm, and a little dark. Should be easy to fix.
                      So took it more to the blue and boosted the exposure a bit and this is the result:

Name:	2012 EPLBR 1600 2.jpg
Size:	1,011.7 KB
ID:	1031609
                      What do you think?

Also, I would appreciate to have your comment on these shots:

Name:	0163 TTA 1400.jpg
Size:	735.6 KB
ID:	1031610

Name:	0272 152245 1400.jpg
Size:	764.1 KB
ID:	1031611

Name:	0921 Baltic 1600.jpg
Size:	669.9 KB
ID:	1031612

Comment

So took it more to the blue and boosted the exposure a bit and this is the result:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20181[/ATTACH]
                        What do you think?

Also, I would appreciate to have your comment on these shots:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20182[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20183[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20184[/ATTACH]
                        1. better, but still borderline imho
                        2. borderline dark/soft
                        3. ok
                        4. borderline (harsh) contrast

Comment

• [QUOTE=dlowwa;674754]1. better, but still borderline imho

So more to the blue side? Or more exposure do you mean?
                          Cheers

Comment

• [QUOTE=darazarbaf;674758]
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            1. better, but still borderline imho

So more to the blue side? Or more exposure do you mean?
                            Cheers
                            A little bit of both would probably be better.

Comment

1. soft
                              2-3 borderline compression/noise in the sky

Second is obstructed, but if it is permanent this would be allowable.

Name:	01 EPEKD 1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	838.6 KB
ID:	1031621
                              As this plane is being dismantled at the moment, I don't know whether it is going to be rejected for obstruction or not. If it is possible please let me know as this shot is probably the last shot of this plane having its engines on. And in a few days it is going to be completely scrapped.
                              Have a nice day,
                              Dara

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20193[/ATTACH]
                                As this plane is being dismantled at the moment, I don't know whether it is going to be rejected for obstruction or not. If it is possible please let me know as this shot is probably the last shot of this plane having its engines on. And in a few days it is going to be completely scrapped.
                                Have a nice day,
                                Dara
                                Again, it would depend on if there were other similar unobstructed images. If yes, then more likely this would be rejected. If there were no other unobstructed, then might be acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X