Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glidescopeAviation View Post
    Darkening the sky on the 777?
    Darkening only the sky would be considered overprocessing/manipulation, so best not to do that.

There wasn't a lot of sun about but it was a well lit day
    Kind of a contradictory statement, or at least we might have different ideas of what constitutes 'well lit' In any case, that is the problem: lack of direct sunlight has lead to a lack of contrast on the subject (aircraft) itself. You can try increasing the contrast, but again, with the lack of direct light, it will be a tricky balance at best.

Comment

Sun was behind cloud but it wasn't dark. The sky still gave lots of light

Comment

Sun was behind cloud but it wasn't dark. The sky still gave lots of light
        Again, that would considered poor light for aviation photography (at least for me), as it tends to flatten everything out - and thus result in the dull contrast you see in your images.

Comment

Well for me there is no dull contrast by the definition of the word. The aircraft are clearly distinguished from the surroundings. And I had another photo accepted with exactly the same conditions in the same place just different aircraft.

Comment

IMO the 737 is borderline and is really close from being acceptable. I would maybe try to add some contrast via levels on the 777 but not sure you can improve it much

Hope it helps a bit
            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
              IMO the 737 is borderline and is really close from being acceptable. I would maybe try to add some contrast via levels on the 777 but not sure you can improve it much

Hope it helps a bit
              Alex

I'll do that thanks

Comment

Hi all
                Could someone clarify this rejection please. I got comment from screener "look at grass and trees" but I am confused as to what I'm looking for exactly. I've had other pictures accepted from the same day in the same location that were processed the same way. I'm not complaining about the rejection I would just like advice on fixing or not repeating the same mistake
                Attached Files

Comment

Grass looks very unnatural, completely blurry and compressed because of noise reduction you used.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll look at another way to fix it.

Comment

Did you use noise reduction? the grass looks like it had a bit too much NR applied.
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Hi all
                        Could someone clarify this rejection please. I got comment from screener "look at grass and trees" but I am confused as to what I'm looking for exactly. I've had other pictures accepted from the same day in the same location that were processed the same way. I'm not complaining about the rejection I would just like advice on fixing or not repeating the same mistake
                        The grass and the trees look unnatural, you might have used a bit too much noise reduction
                        I'm not who you think I am.

Or perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                        X