glidescopeAviation - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glidescopeAviation - editing advice

I've had this rejected for contrast. Is this a better editClick image for larger version

Name:	_DSC4006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	892.9 KB
ID:	1045110

Originally posted by glidescopeAviation View Post
    I've had this rejected for contrast. Is this a better edit[ATTACH=CONFIG]11017[/ATTACH]
    I'm not a member from the JP crew, but I think there is space for more contrast.

Vinicius

Comment

Yes I agree, a bit more contrast would help.
      Regards

Comment

Thanks guys, I've added a kick of contrast let's see if it fares better

Comment

glidescopeAviation - editing advice

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I can't undertand the issue with the colour on this shot. The sun was very low and bright. Winter afternoon. The picture is a true representation of the conditions. I could edit it to be 'correct' but that would be fake.

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6304989

I can't undertand the issue with the colour on this shot. The sun was very low and bright. Winter afternoon. The picture is a true representation of the conditions. I could edit it to be 'correct' but that would be fake.
            To me the image looks washed out with low contrast and underexposure.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6304989

Looks like white balance is off a little, there is a slight green cast to the image. Have adjusted left side below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50535_1515526241.jpg
Size:	770.0 KB
ID:	1021777

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                To me the image looks washed out with low contrast and underexposure.

It was almost sunset. I didn't want to over edit the shot, rather give a true representation of the conditions. But I'll try again with a kick of contrast, exposure and colour Balance

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Could I seek advice on this rejection? 3rd time it's had the same Contrast reject and I'm getting rather frustrated and confused. I've uploaded it with slightly less and with slightly more contrast. The Blacks are Blacks and whites are white. Would it be such an hardship for the screener to add a note as to which way it needs to be. I realise that they have lots to get through but surely it's more time consuming to keep screening the same images over.

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6331009

Could I seek advice on this rejection? 3rd time it's had the same Contrast reject and I'm getting rather frustrated and confused. I've uploaded it with slightly less and with slightly more contrast. The Blacks are Blacks and whites are white. Would it be such an hardship for the screener to add a note as to which way it needs to be. I realise that they have lots to get through but surely it's more time consuming to keep screening the same images over.
                    Hey

Next Time, Please use your own thread for your questions: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...editing-advice

Your Picture above have definitely too little contrast. The whites are too dark, what you can see in the histogram. There is a gap on the right side - the result is "too litte contrast".
                    I have edited your picture. (Left side edited, Right side your original). This should be acceptable, but no guaranntee!

Name:	77375_1516554302.jpg
Size:	574.4 KB
ID:	1022038
                    In the following capture you can see the settings i have done.

Name:	Unbenannt1.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1022039

Hope this hleps, have a nice saturday!

*Note for the admin - can you please move our posts (post 87 and 8 to https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...editing-advice
                    Thank You!
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                      Hey

Next Time, Please use your own thread for your questions: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...editing-advice

Your Picture above have definitely too little contrast. The whites are too dark, what you can see in the histogram. There is a gap on the right side - the result is "too litte contrast".
                      I have edited your picture. (Left side edited, Right side your original). This should be acceptable, but no guaranntee!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13360[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13361[/ATTACH]

*Note for the admin - can you please move our posts (post 87 and 8 to https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...editing-advice
                      Thank You!

Size:	912.9 KB
ID:	1022050
                      Thanks.
                      Is this better?

Comment

Too Dark?

Hi

Sorry to bombard the forum but this was rejected for dark/underexposed.

Name:	50734_1516639903.jpg
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	1022051

Yet having looked in the DB there is a shot accepted from the exact same place that is considerably darker. (i'm not saying which picture it is, as I don't want to use others pictures here in the forum.) But it won't take a detective to figure it out. I'm not saying my shot is acceptable or without fault but a little consistency would be nice. It's quite obvious with the angle of the shadows that the sun was very low. I don't want to appear to be moaning but I'd like it to be explained for the sake of all members not just me.

Comment

Thanks.
                          Is this better?
                          Hi,

unfortunately still too little contrast. You have to avoid gaps in the histogram, like in the histogram above. (The curves between the 9 and 229 will be the histogram after saving the edits.) I have edited your picture, so you can upload it if you want, but, no guarantee if it works, because there are compression artefacts in the sky now!

Size:	960.2 KB
ID:	1022053

Hi

Sorry to bombard the forum but this was rejected for dark/underexposed.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13375[/ATTACH]

Yet having looked in the DB there is a shot accepted from the exact same place that is considerably darker. (i'm not saying which picture it is, as I don't want to use others pictures here in the forum.) But it won't take a detective to figure it out. I'm not saying my shot is acceptable or without fault but a little consistency would be nice. It's quite obvious with the angle of the shadows that the sun was very low. I don't want to appear to be moaning but I'd like it to be explained for the sake of all members not just me.
                          Indeed a little bit dark, but i think it΄s not that much. Only boost the highlights a bit like in the picture below. (left side edited - right side your original).

Name:	50734_1516639903.jpg
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	1022054
                          Just as a information, there is a dust spot underneath the nose gear.

This video can probably help you with your contrast issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU

Hope this helps, have a nice evening!
                          Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                            Hey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13360[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]13361[/ATTACH]

Thank You!
                            Is it curves or Levels ?

Comment

Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                              Is it curves or Levels ?
                              The Levels.
                              Julian S.​

Comment

Working...
                              X