Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hi,

unfortunately still too little contrast. You have to avoid gaps in the histogram, like in the histogram above. (The curves between the 9 and 229 will be the histogram after saving the edits.) I have edited your picture, so you can upload it if you want, but, no guarantee if it works, because there are compression artefacts in the sky now!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13377[/ATTACH]

Indeed a little bit dark, but i think itīs not that much. Only boost the highlights a bit like in the picture below. (left side edited - right side your original).
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13378[/ATTACH]
    Just as a information, there is a dust spot underneath the nose gear.

This video can probably help you with your contrast issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU

Hope this helps, have a nice evening!
    I followed this tutorial in my edit.

Doesn't explain why a shot which is much darker was accepted. Is this better??
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC4171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	1022072

Comment

Originally posted by glidescopeAviation View Post
      I followed this tutorial in my edit.

Doesn't explain why a shot which is much darker was accepted. Is this better??
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13399[/ATTACH]
      Hi,

Now there are some editing halos around the tail, wing and nose. I can help you if you sent me the original file via pn or just post it in this thread and If you need help with the etihad too, you can also send it.

If you received a "Dark" rejection, itīs may not necessary to lighten the shadows, probably you had to lighten the highlights, because of a gap in the histogram.

Have a nice evening!
      Best Regards from Germany,
      Julian S.​

Comment

help please

1st Reject :- https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6594333
        2nd Reject :- https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6616287

Hi
        I've posted 2 links to the same picture thats been rejected twice. How can I get this to an acceptable image? I feel that if I were to keep adjusting Levels/Brightness/Contrast that the picture would be 'over edited' and be subject a reject for Manipulation or over processing, already it's starting to no longer represent the situation that it was taken in (the point of photography)

Any help appreciated

Comment

Hi
          I've posted 2 links to the same picture thats been rejected twice. How can I get this to an acceptable image? I feel that if I were to keep adjusting Levels/Brightness/Contrast that the picture would be 'over edited' and be subject a reject for Manipulation or over processing, already it's starting to no longer represent the situation that it was taken in (the point of photography)

Any help appreciated
          Hi,

The first indeed has a cyan cast. The second you can increase the exposure and contrast a tad.

I've tried to increase the exposure and contrast, see the test below.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Size:	664.2 KB
ID:	1028675

Maybe this can be acceptable, tell what do you think about this modification in the right. Better wait more comments too.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Hi

Any help appreciated
            I've moved this to your previous thread. Please post any future questions here.

The contrast is too harsh in your image. The shadows need to be reduced in the dark areas, but be careful not to introduce any editing halos when doing so.

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
            The second you can increase the exposure and contrast a tad.

I've tried to increase the exposure and contrast, see the test below.

Vinicius
            Please do not follow this advice. Increasing the contrast will only make the situation worse.

Comment

Name:	_DSC4468.jpg
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	1028686

Is this any better before I add it to the Queue?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16615[/ATTACH]

Is this any better before I add it to the Queue?
                This would be rejected for overprocessed, compression, and possibly colour.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  This would be rejected for overprocessed, compression, and possibly colour.
                  then I cant win. head meet brick wall

Comment

then I cant win. head meet brick wall
                    As I warned, trying to brighten shadows, if done poorly, often leads to editing halos.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                      As I warned, trying to brighten shadows, if done poorly, often leads to editing halos.
                      Exactly what I predidcted would happen. Seems that Photography is no longer TAKING a record of a moment but MAKING 1 in photoshop.

Comment

pre-screen

Will this photo be acceptable with the steps and van in shot?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Will this photo be acceptable with the steps and van in shot?
                          These would both be rejected for obstruction.

Comment

I've just had a few rejections. 1 sort of expected and a couple I can easily rectify.
                            But I was wondering if I can do anything about the following 2, or are they a lost cause.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

I've just had a few rejections. 1 sort of expected and a couple I can easily rectify.
                              But I was wondering if I can do anything about the following 2, or are they a lost cause.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7272659
                              Flat light for both, which you've obviously tried to brighten up..I wouldn't necessarily say they were lost causes. With better edits, you may be able to get something acceptable.

Comment

Darkening the sky on the 777? There wasn't a lot of sun about but it was a well lit day

Comment

Working...
                                X