X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    OK screeners I am a bit confused here.
    These photos were rejected with this error: Too much or too little contrast

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

When I appealed I was told, "Not sure what equalization has to do with contrast, but the image is very flat, and may even be backlit".
    Now, I would like to ask a favor. Can you please make rejections a bit clearer? If it is backlit why not say so right away or perhaps include that error in the rejection?
    Now this photo cannot be backlit because the sun was behind me. Any help is most welcome
    Definitely too little contrast as there is no direct sun falling on the aircraft. So this is a justified rejection.
    The equalizing tool has nothing to do with the contrast rejection, it is only to find dust, jpg-compression, over processing, vignette and other issues.
    For the backlit, we can only check with our eyes, where the sun stood, when you took the picture. If there are no hard shadows, the sun could be everywhere.

Hope this helps, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Julian S.; 2018-02-12, 09:53.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Dear Dana and Julian

Thank you for your helpful comments.
      I tried my best in trying to fix these photos, but I guess there is not enough that can be done to fix the contrast. Oh well...

Comment

Now I need some help with this error: Part of Aircraft cut off

Here is photo and please ignore all the contrast issues. I think the aircraft is cut in an orderly way. Sure the wing is cut off but everything else is on order. Somewhere something is going to cut for a closeup.

Where exactly should I cut off an aircraft?

Comment

Now I need some help with this error: Part of Aircraft cut off

Here is photo and please ignore all the contrast issues. I think the aircraft is cut in an orderly way. Sure the wing is cut off but everything else is on order. Somewhere something is going to cut for a closeup.

Where exactly should I cut off an aircraft?
          I would agree with whoever screened this - the crop is awkward, neither a close up nor a wide angle. What are you trying to show with this crop?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            I would agree with whoever screened this - the crop is awkward, neither a close up nor a wide angle. What are you trying to show with this crop?
            I might be wrong, but this is a close up. Or should I close up to show just the tractor towing the Aircraft?

Comment

Or should I close up to show just the tractor towing the Aircraft?
              No! But this is what can understand as close up.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	33173_1518281145.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1022391
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                No! But this is what can understand as close up.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13779[/ATTACH]
                Ok Julian thank you, I guess that makes sense, closer into the aircraft.
                I also looked at other photos from other spotters and noticed that an angled close up is better rather than a side shot close up such as my United 777 photo.

Comment

Name:	EIDWC_TRN_09mar2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	1022824

Hello Screeners
                  Is this Ryanair to be considered as Special Scheme - or the advertisement is not big enough?
                  Thanks for the help

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14307[/ATTACH]

Hello Screeners
                    Is this Ryanair to be considered as Special Scheme?
                    Yes.

Comment

Hello Screeners

I got his rejection which boggles me:
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6434536

I edited the photo once again and the color I get is the situation of clouds / sun at the moment of an afternoon in winter.

Name:	YRBGD_TRN_09mar2018_v2.jpg
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	1022902

Not really sure there is a problem given that is what was the situation on the ground and looks fine to me

Comment

Screeners

Another issue.....I appealed this photo:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6434546

My appeal explanation was as follows: (as the above Tarom photo) The sun and clouds at that moment do not cause contrast issues given that the plane has the right amount of contrast. Further the color issue seems not applicable because of the sun's position in that moment and the actual color of the plane.

The answer I got from appeal truly is mysterious: Also requires Business Jet category
                        I don't think an aircraft which in Italy says AERONAUTICA MILITARE is a business jet. That is the Italian Air Force and I put category as military.

Any help out there?

Comment

Screeners

Another issue.....I appealed this photo:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6434546

My appeal explanation was as follows: (as the above Tarom photo) The sun and clouds at that moment do not cause contrast issues given that the plane has the right amount of contrast. Further the color issue seems not applicable because of the sun's position in that moment and the actual color of the plane.

The answer I got from appeal truly is mysterious: Also requires Business Jet category
                          I don't think an aircraft which in Italy says AERONAUTICA MILITARE is a business jet. That is the Italian Air Force and I put category as military.

Any help out there?
                          Military is the correct GENRE, but such aircraft need also Business Jet CATEGORY, as they are used like a business jet, not as normal passenger transport.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            Military is the correct GENRE, but such aircraft need also Business Jet CATEGORY, as they are used like a business jet, not as normal passenger transport.
                            Roger dodger - that seems to clear the fog in my head.

Any chance screeners can help me with the Tarom photo which was rejected? Grazie!!

Comment

Roger dodger - that seems to clear the fog in my head.

Any chance screeners can help me with the Tarom photo which was rejected? Grazie!!
                              Doesn't look that bad to me, just a little yellow.

Comment

Name:	GEZPY_TRN_09mar2018_v2.jpg
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	1022950

Ciao Screeners
                                Could you kindly give me some input for this photo before I upload it?
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X