Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halos; what are they and how do you deal with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halos; what are they and how do you deal with them?

There's a halo over the terminal. Any suggestions?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Dave Brook
    Cambridge, Ontario

Originally posted by Bart Bandy View Post
    There's a halo over the terminal. Any suggestions?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks
    (Around the cockpit as well). To remove, figure out whatever you're doing in your workflow that is causing them (clarity, shadow/highlights, etc..), and then re-process the image without that setting/step.

Comment

Equalize at each step the easiest most logical way?

Thanks

Dave Brook
      Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Bart Bandy View Post
        Equalize at each step the easiest most logical way?

Thanks
        To try and see the halos? I suppose, but it's likely only one step in the process that is causing them, and that step is likely related to special adjustments to exposure/contrast/levels/etc.. Halos like that aren't caused by sharpening or rotating, or anything of that nature.

Comment

Do you use any filters ? like NICK collection ones ?
          Like it's been said by Dana, it''s just one thing you do on editing that causes them

Regards
          Alex

Comment

Another cause of halos was the Nikon D-lighting function. Don't suppose you shoot with a Nikon?

Comment

Brat,
              I am having the same issue. I followed the steps outlined by Brian in this thread and immediately noticed the improvement. (https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ips-and-tricks) He also references the videos by Angelo Bufalino which have tons of great advice not only on halos.

Also, try to expose the photo right to minimize adjustments in post. I know I have to

Regards,
              cq

Comment

Working...
              X