Lufthansa new livery, your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lufthansa new livery, your opinion?

I dont like the fact that they opted for that swooping onto fuselage design, logo should have remained yellow even in its new form and grey belly could also have stayed on with just engines and being white.

Bland and uninteresting.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Well - it's not like they had a livery that was turning everyone's head before... *lol...
      I like the tail blue going down onto the fuselage... but I would have made the logo on the tail in yellow...

Comment

They wanted to get yellow out of the "first impression" appearance and into small details like boarding passes, chocolate wrappers, web site buttons, and so on, they had a youtube video about the whole re-design concept.
        I guess a few small details on the livery itself wouldn't have hurt at all. Something like a thin line along the blue part over the fuselage, or a silver crane logo on the engines.
        This way, it doesn't quite have the "premium" look they were aiming for to me.
        Won't be able to recognize the new livery from ground on a plane at FL300 like before.

Comment

They're trying to be 'on trend' and up to date, but opted for eurowhite and a tail colour going down onto the fuselage; I've seen that style so much now that it actually looks kinda dated to me. I do like the blue tone they chose though

It's really shocking that they paid people to come up with that design - some of the mock ups I've seen online are much better. I agree with what Brian said - bland and uninteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Bland and uninteresting.
            Hm. I think in my life it is too late so that both of us could become jetphotos online friends. That's one of the things which definitely will not happen in my life.

But I see what you mean, bland, when I compare the result when you now visit lufthansa dot com with my avatar! Bland is colorless, isn't it.

And LUNN as the threadstarter hasn't (yet) perceived who really ordered this loss of color? I can't really imagine that the on duty LH CEO has ordered this loss of color. Until today I thought he were something like my friend. Carsten Spohr definitely is something like a friend for me, between our birthplaces there is a distance of less than 30 km. That must be a reason why EDDL as a German airport today still is ruled by German speaking airlines... So thanks for that.

But this bland design... Let me guess since when LH B747s wear a three color design. Afaik since the very beginning, since the first day when LH joined the 747 club, in 1970.

So, after 47 years it was necessary to completely alter a winning livery? Not if Spohr would ask me.

There are airlines who sucessfully have altered a three color B747 design. And almost every B747 livery has a name, I like to call this one "the KL wave". In comparison, LH B748s now really look boring. You can compare it, lufthansa dot com, and this beautiful three color bird:

KL-B744 with the 2018 KL colors.

One or two years ago, I have announced that I'll stay with my nickname also when the last LH-B744 will have been buried.

Today I announce, that I'll stay with my avatar until the last LH B747 will have been buried, in the year 2040, or what year did I discuss with Gabriel, to make the last LH 747 jetphoto..

PS: There must be a reason why younger (only an assumption) people sometimes ask me for a source for, and now fasten ur seatbelt,
            the British Air Landor 747 livery.
            It seems as if the same thing happens with the LH-B744 mark II design. Yes it is mII, as in my avatar. We all know how a LH-B747 looked like in 1979, mark I, with the "LH mirror belly":
            LH-B742 at Tullamarine Intl airport, 1979.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-10, 06:06. Reason: Now you can call me a senior... lol.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

It looks almost identical to Tarom.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                It looks almost identical to Tarom.
                You are the first man who compares my favorite airline to a tiny company (not more than.. 23 aircraft ?!) in Romania. But you seem to be right, after I've seen this photo:
                RO-A318 at Rhein/Main Intl airport, December 2017.

(Sexist, off topic comment here removed by admin)

What you say Halcyon, is another very good reason so that I stay with my avatar, the LH-B744 in mark II livery, the year 2008 livery. Yet another thing is true, RO does not own a 747. So again, my avatar is rather not to be confused, by her unique shadow.
                Last edited by brianw999; 2018-02-10, 12:32.

Comment

for sure its not an innovation ... its more like a cheap copy ... just look at www.airbus.com they dont have yellow too

Comment

Originally posted by Lion772 View Post
                    for sure its not an innovation ... its more like a cheap copy
                    Exactly, never expected from an airline like LH.

Comment

I think it was time for a change of livery, but I didn't expect a bold move... for that, Lufthansa is way too conservative... will be interesting to see if they stick with it, or if there will be some changes now that there is feedback from the public. They can still keep the overall redesign and for example turn the logo on the tail yellow instead of white. Also there is the possibility of adding the logo to the engine nacelles...
                      One thing should not be underestimated, by the way: it's much cheaper to have a two-colored livery than a three-colored.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                        I think it was time for a change of livery, but I didn't expect a bold move... for that, Lufthansa is way too conservative... will be interesting to see if they stick with it, or if there will be some changes now that there is feedback from the public. They can still keep the overall redesign and for example turn the logo on the tail yellow instead of white. Also there is the possibility of adding the logo to the engine nacelles...
                        One thing should not be underestimated, by the way: it's much cheaper to have a two-colored livery than a three-colored.
                        Oh, last Thursday, I've definitely not been present at my home airport. Otherwise, I'd seen this bird:
                        The LH-B748 Yankee Alpha at EDDL, in the 2018 colors.

So, have a look at Yankee Alpha (if you haven't been present either..). Is this really our white bird, on the tail fin, or is it silver? Probably, you're right, it isn't even 0,5 % silver.

Until my #8 entry here (February 10th 2018_) I thought that my favorite airline is not really a cheap airline, and by definition, that's not either the case. But now it looks cheap?

And if a cheap two color design would be good for a German airline, how do you explain this photo:
                        EW-A332 at EDDL, in the 2018 colors.

Now, by only counting the colors, which one is the cheap airline? Especially if we count the colors on the EW-A320 in the background.... ..

As you say, until today I don't know who really ordered this bland LH-B744 design, without even having asked all LH B747 pilots.

Or, better, without having published the cheap two color idea here at jetphotos, before the cheap paint job was completed on one of our best birds,
                        the D-ABYA, see above. A cheap livery on a LH 747.

How does that correspond with the four class configuration in a LH 747: 8F - 80C - 32E - 244Y .

Imho, at least the 80 "C" LH four star **** seats deserve more than a cheap two color design, if you have read about what these seats are good for (keyword flyin bed...).
                        And also the 32 "E" seats. And we don't really talk about LH First, or do we.
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-15, 02:39. Reason: :_) - and shorten entries.

Comment

The "LH bird before the sun" livery, since 1970

Sometimes you only perceive that you miss something when it is no longer there. How much did I love the LH bird (crane) before the sun on our LH 747 tailfins,
                          since 1970!
                          LH-B742s with the mirror belly livery (1979), mark I.
                          And my avatar, livery mark II.
                          --

... And the "new" LH 747 tailfin, for easy use let me call it the LH 747 mark III livery, has completely been altered, in contrast to my avatar? It's no longer the "LH nightblue" which I know, since LH-B744s have been inaugurated (1989).

The mark III LH 747 tailfin is darker. Darker than nightblue (?) ...

The mark II LH 747 tailfin (as in my avatar) was, a shadow of the LH bird (crane) before the sun at dusk. If you ask me it's dusk, I'm a dusk man.

And the mark III LH 747 tailfin is... ?

You see me very perplexed.

PS: And you'll see me shakin my head when I'll discover the first jetphoto of my copy of Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator, the Victor Papa,
                          with a mark III LH 747 tailfin.
                          The Victor Papa imho never in her life looked different than my avatar, not since February 25th, 1997 (her inauguration flight).

I wonder what Randazzo will say. The B744 (and his simulator) will never be cheap, not either with the mark III LH tailfin.
                          Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-15, 03:23. Reason: The Victor Papa.

Comment

This morning, I've found again my avatar, in the original size. It's a jetphoto, of course.

So, for your individual pleasure, you can open two tabulators in your browser, and have fun with the direct comparison:

Tricolor on a LH-B744 plus white. White never has been counted as a color, afaik. It's canvas, a blank page.
                            vs
                            A LH-B748 who lacks not only the sun at dusk. .., the sun at dusk on a LH 747 tailfin.

The 2017 livery which I know from Randazzo's LH-B744 (Victor Papa) simulator was "Tricolor on a LH-B744" plus, ha. What has been added since 2008? - The words "lufthansa.com", between the rear main deck windows and the tail fin!

So. Who would reduce a LH 747 from Tricolor to bicolor, or rather monochrome plus white, and forget at least two things:
                            1. the web address?!
                            2. the last two letters of the a/c reg, on top of the tailfin. See "my" Victor Delta.

It's not a quite bad Carnival joke, or is it?

If we look at the day when "a LH-B748 who lacks ..." was photographed...

!

PS: After all these honest words, I only have 1 excuse. It wasn't me who first of all called this monochrome design
                            without almost all known LH insignia
                            "cheap".
                            That must've been a man from the second most interesting airport here in the area.. Greetings.
                            Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-15, 05:39. Reason: The mark III LH 747 tailfin definitely is Monochrome. No silver in it.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                              (...)
                              So. Who would reduce a LH 747 from Tricolor to bicolor, or rather monochrome plus white, and forget at least two things:
                              1. the web address?!
                              2. the last two letters of the a/c reg, on top of the tailfin. See "my" Victor Delta.
                              (...)
                              As far as I know, there is no legal requirement to have the last two letters of the reg on top of the fin.

(...)PS: After all these honest words, I only have 1 excuse. It wasn't me who first of all called this monochrome design
                              without almost all known LH insignia "cheap". (...)
                              When I said "cheaper", I didn't mean the look but the costs of painting the planes. (Please re-read my post #11.)

(...)That must've been a man from the second most interesting airport here in the area.. Greetings.
                              Now THAT'S a matter of opinion... hahaha...

Comment

Working...
                              X