Lufthansa new livery, your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janamparikh View Post
    I think the existing and retro looked "THE BEST" on the LH airplanes compared to the new one. The new one is very neutral. Rather did not meet the expectations.
    So, You like my avatar? Thank You. Btw, I've just looked up the LH April 2018 schedule for Mumbai. It seems as if not exactly my avatar operates the Mumbai route, but a bird which only insiders like you n me can distinguish...

LH-B748i in those colors which we all love...

The -800i has no winglets, that's my way to say, no, that's not exactly my avatar.

PS: "It seems as if" is not the perfect way to write something down, which is as sure as the a/c type for the Mumbai route (B748i). But, it seems as if somebody has stopped the "monochrome" experiment. Somebody who is not so very much older than Gabe or me. Somebody like the LH CEO?

God save these colors!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Wow. Now I know what a real jetphotos "Senior" looks like. Almost 15 years, and you don't feel ill or bored after such a long time? ...
      Nah. Won't get bored of aviation, especially commercial. I am back after a long hiatus though, due to various reasons. It's good to be back though, lots of exciting stuff going on in the aviation world.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
        Nah. Won't get bored of aviation, especially commercial. I am back after a long hiatus though, due to various reasons. It's good to be back though, lots of exciting stuff going on in the aviation world.
        Yes. I don't know when I felt it, ten years or more? No problem. As we say, time flies. And the jp front page shows again, what will definitely not happen to my avatar (as I don't change it, even if they try to continue the monochrome experiment..)..

This colors will never be on the Victor Papa, if you ask me. A newspaper provided an article, where they wrote, "this blue is not blue enough". In my eyes it is not even blue. It is horrible:
        The Yankee Alpha. But this is not something I'd call blue.

Afaik, the Yankee Alpha until today is the only LH B747 which was used for the monochrome experiment. And LH owns... 19 B748i (like the Yankee Alpha), and 13 B744 (like my avatar). Exciting stuff happens. And if that means, thirty-one out of thirty-two LH-B747s stay as they are, i.e. with the traditional nightblue tailfin which is part of the LH-B747 livery since... 1970?, then I'm happy.

You never change a winning team, don't you.

PS: We all know what nightblue looks like. One of my favorite jetphotos of all times. This is nightblue! :
        Nightblue on a LH-B748i in Brazil

Comment

I just thought, since the B747 was invented, almost nobody dared to try to sell a 99,7% white (monochrome) 747 as a brilliant new livery ...!! So, which are the best colors for a 747? You ask me? Well...

1. My avatar. Men try to match their ties with the LH-B744 tailfin. And most of the time, we fail, don't we. It's not only nightblue. It must be something like Lufthansa nightblue, with a patent pending (?!). I must say it again, God save these colors!

2. The only color for a B747 which is almost as good as a nightblue tailfin is... a nightblue upper deck (and a silver tailfin). Now you wonder who flies a nightblue upper deck. If you know how old I am, then for you it might not be surprising that I also include 747-200s. Here it is.
          AZ-B742 "Baci" in Brazil, with a nightblue upper deck.

3. The bronze medal? Hm. Who comes quite close to a nightblue tailfin. I still like pinstripes... Here it is.
          UA-B744 in the 2002 livery, 'Battleship Grey', and my favorite airport.
          Yes. Battleship Grey. 15 years ago, really nobody thought that monochrome (99,7 % white) would be a good color for a 747. I love 'Battleship Grey'.

Comment

Working...
          X