No announcement yet.

What's a good average salary, in 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good average salary, in 2018?

I'd guess there are so many different answers as there are jetphotos members here.

Thus, I like to broaden the question. I assume that not every single jetphotos member works in aviation. That never has been a requirement to become a member, and, I "know" at least 2 jp members who are quite independent from aviation.

So, probably there is a question which is more precise.

What do you have to do to achieve a certain amount of Euros, per annum?

I know, that, e.g. in Italy, between "North of Malpensa" and Fontanarossa, the average salary p.a. is approx. 28.000 Euros. North of Sestri Ponente a little bit more, and South of it a little bit less.

But what do you have to do for 28.000 Euros? I have never worked in Italy, so this is my question.

PS: Not all Stewardesses in Germany have 28.000 p.a. So this really seems to be an open question. 2333 for four weeks, that's not really much if you calculate.. minus taxes, minus insurances, and of course,
    minus an average apartment in Germany..
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-15, 01:27. Reason: Inflation!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    What do you have to do to achieve a certain amount of Euros, per annum?
    A job, any king of job will give you "a certain amount of Euros"

If you beg outside Metro stations, the you 'll get an uncertain amount of Euros. Or of you sell a kidney, CDs in a flea market etc.

So, to unswer your question, just find a job with a steady salary, and then you'll get "a certain amount of Euros" every year.

I hope I helped

Cheers
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      But what do you have to do for 28.000 Euros?
      Bank robbery, probably
      "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
        Bank robbery, probably
        LOL! Ok. But only with you (and your ingenious avatar) as a partner.

Comment

Salary usually depends on the experience of the person on a certain job.

Comment

What sphere? Ir depends) Buy at least $3000 I think)

Comment

Which country?
              I bet 90% of the world never seen 3k$/month...

Comment

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

2K to 5K is an average i guess.

Comment

The average income in a country depends on many factors and can differ extremely. It also depends on where you work inside a country.
                    In Germany for example, you can earn a quite good amount more in the south, then in the north and also more if you work in a city then in the countryside. But in exchange the living in regions where the salarys are high is usually more expensive (rents, house-prices....).
                    Statistics are not very helpful in this case, because they include high-earners as well as workless people, so in countrys with a low percentage of workless and a high need of high qualified personal the averange increases dramaticaly.
                    In Brandenburg (in the very north of Germany) the average Salary is 2582€/month (pre-tax) while in bavaria with all the car industry and banks the average is 3878€/month (pre-tax).

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
                      Which country?
                      I bet 90% of the world never seen 3k$/month...
                      You are in Krakow, and you calculate salaries in US-Dollars? Well that's ok. Which country. Due to a very recent happening (Alitalia is bankrupt, since May 2017), I thought of

Italy.

3000 US-Dollar in four weeks would be more than the average in Germany! Or, before I say something which not has been proven...

36,000 Dollars per annum... that are, August 23rd 2018,

31,203 Euros, before taxes. That's not more than the average in Germany, that due to one or two institutions who observe the average in Europe, theoretically is almost precise

the average salary per annum in Germany.

But you are right. What do you have to do in Germany to reach 32,000 Euros per annum before taxes. Both of us, we live near an airport. Probably we are lucky. Here, the average salary p.a in Germany should not be a problem.

As long as I am here, this topic is interesting. Do you know Ringway Sam? He owns an avatar which is very similar to mine. The last time when I've talked to him, he said, that on board his avatar, which by then was a CX-B744,
                      35,000 Euros are the minimum. I should not mention the number which he originally mentioned, for experienced F/Os on board a CX-B744..

Now, CX-B744s do no longer exist on this planet. But the number (US-Dollar) which he mentioned, stays in my mind.. Experienced jet pilots are above the average. And that's only fair, in my eyes!

Comment

Working...
                      X