Views:	1
Size:	1,011.0 KB
ID:	1045290Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_77180.jpg
Size:	1,009.6 KB
ID:	1045291

Hey guys!!

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the above images on whether or not they would be accepted into the database and if not what advice in terms of fixing them up I could look at doing to improve their chances?

Also, the Kingair at this stage would be the first image for that particular GA organisation and with that tail decal in the database (Although the aircraft itself has previously been uploaded) so I was wondering if it would qualify as a hot photo?

Thanks for your help!
    With kindest Regards - Jordan
    Attached Files

I am sorry to say, the all have a contrast problem, due to that the light is on the opposite side of the a/c (backlit). Seems these are photos for your personal collection.

Comment

Ah, No worries! Thanks for that, I really appreciate it!
      Hey did you have any more tips for avoiding backlighting? Such as camera, editing (if minor) or general rules of thumb? I know its probably a silly question but backlighting seems to be the number one cause for my photos being recjected so far. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
        Ah, No worries! Thanks for that, I really appreciate it!
        Hey did you have any more tips for avoiding backlighting? Such as camera, editing (if minor) or general rules of thumb? I know its probably a silly question but backlighting seems to be the number one cause for my photos being recjected so far. Cheers
        Shoot with the sun behind you. Camera and editing have nothing to do with backlighting, and cannot save your shots (for upload here, anyway) if you fail to plan accordingly.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for your help guys

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nvi.jpg
Size:	801.0 KB
ID:	1022459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_91790.jpg
Size:	741.1 KB
ID:	1022460
            Hey again, I've been working on a couple more images, was there any advice or suggestions that could be made to improve them for the database? Cheers and thanks again

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13877[/ATTACH]
              Hey again, I've been working on a couple more images, was there any advice or suggestions that could be made to improve them for the database? Cheers and thanks again
              These two are too similar. Please, pick the one you want to upload.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Sorry about that, the first one

Comment

Sorry about that, the first one
                  Image is quite soft, and a little dark.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for that

Comment

Jordan Williams, Feedback for Image

Hey there!

I recently took this long exposure image of a B737-400F during turn around period at our local airport here in Palmerston North and had a few questions..

Is this type of long exposure image acceptable for the Jetphotos database? Even if not this one particularly

Im also aware of the obstructing objects.ect in the image but would it be acceptable as a ramp or airport picture with the vehicles and ground crews? or would it be still have to be submitted as a picture of the aircraft (ZK-PAT)?

And lastly if the image isn't acceptable for these or any other reasons, what could I do in future to improve?

Thanks kindly for your help and advice,
                      With Kindest Regards,
                      Jordan

Comment

Sorry having trouble uploading the image, here is a link to it on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157241...posted-public/

Comment

Hey there!

I recently took this long exposure image of a B737-400F during turn around period at our local airport here in Palmerston North and had a few questions..

Is this type of long exposure image acceptable for the Jetphotos database? Even if not this one particularly

Im also aware of the obstructing objects.ect in the image but would it be acceptable as a ramp or airport picture with the vehicles and ground crews? or would it be still have to be submitted as a picture of the aircraft (ZK-PAT)?

And lastly if the image isn't acceptable for these or any other reasons, what could I do in future to improve?

Thanks kindly for your help and advice,
                          With Kindest Regards,
                          Jordan
                          Hi Jordan,

Long exposure images are acceptable in JetPhotos.net, it always depends of the composition.

In your photo, there is a lot of obstructing objects, the image is soft and also need a better crop/centering, so I think it cannot be acceptable for this reasons [and also this one can't be a ramp shot].

For the next times, try to center better the camera in a way you can do a better centering/crop and also wait a moment with less obstruction.

I`m now from the crew, but if I can help in any way, just send a message, will be a pleasure.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Awesome thanks so much for that! I will defiantly work on these aspects for next time around! Thanks so much for your help, it is more than appreciated!

Comment

Jordan Williams, Editing/Photography tips

Hey there,

I was wondering if I would be able to get some feedback in terms of how to improve my photography and editing skills for the future regarding my last rejection,

Beforehand I want to thank you guys for taking the time to sort through and screen the image(s), I can't imagine how hard that job is and I thank you very much for your hard work!!

I was first wondering how to go about sharpening my images correctly? Most of the time I typically will either undersharpen and in some rare cases oversharpen as well, Is this something that I should look at improving when I edit my images or when I take the photos?

Secondly I was wanting some advice in getting better contrast and brightness in my images, that seems to be my second biggest issue alongside sharpening

Lastly, just a quick question with dust in images (like the one that got rejected today), is there any way to counter this when editing or is it just something to be cautious of with cleaning the lens prior to going out and shooting?

Thanks very much for your time,
                              With Kindest Regards,
                              Jordan Williams

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Working...
                              X