Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Hi,
    An invalid hot rejection isn't screened for the other reasons as it jumped the queue by mistake by uploader
    Borderline but indeed the contrast is a bit marginal here. Maybe worth reworking the contrast via curves here, or wait for a better chance with better light

Regards
    alex
    Sorry just one more question regarding the contrast, would you say this is over or under-contrasted? I only ask as to get an idea of what to look for in future photography

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
      Sorry just one more question regarding the contrast, would you say this is over or under-contrasted? I only ask as to get an idea of what to look for in future photography
      Looks like it needs just a bit more contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Looks like it needs just a bit more contrast.
        Awesome! Thanks once again guys, can’t say how much I appreciate it!!

Comment

Hey there!

New to cockpit photography so I was wondering if I could get some advice for the following image on how I could improve it in terms of editing if it wasn't already up to scratch?

PS. i'm aware of the guidelines surrounding external links being used however my current computer doesn't allow me to upload pictures straight to the forum so apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
          Jordan
          Last edited by Jordan Williams; 2018-12-24, 10:37. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Comment

Hey there!

New to cockpit photography so I was wondering if I could get some advice for the following image on how I could improve it in terms of editing if it wasn't already up to scratch?

PS. i'm aware of the guidelines surrounding external links being used however my current computer doesn't allow me to upload pictures straight to the forum so apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
            Jordan
            Borderline contrast issues, but I think a decent enough effort (would be ok for me).

Comment

Borderline contrast issues, but I think a decent enough effort (would be ok for me).
              Awesome, Thanks heaps for your help!!

Comment

Hey all,

Im not really looking to fix this one up as I have a slight feeling that it may be 'unfixable' however I was wondering if I could get some background into why this was rejected for contrast?

Was it because of the similar coloured airframe to the sky? or the strength of the shadows?.ect

This is mainly to get an idea for my future submissions to the website,

Thanks and Kindest Regards,
                Jordan W

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hey all,

Im not really looking to fix this one up as I have a slight feeling that it may be 'unfixable' however I was wondering if I could get some background into why this was rejected for contrast?

Was it because of the similar coloured airframe to the sky? or the strength of the shadows?.ect

This is mainly to get an idea for my future submissions to the website,

Jordan W

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7080388
                  Light is a little bit too harsh. Might be fixable, but I couldn't promise.

Comment

Light is a little bit too harsh. Might be fixable, but I couldn't promise.
                    No worries, thanks heaps!!

Comment

Hey there,

i'm looking for some help with the horizon of a image I took yesterday.
                      So i've tried levelling the image (vertically) a few times now and can't seem to get a version where it all looks to be level,

If I level my image with respect to the light pole, hanger door and vertical objects on the left hand side it looks to be unlevel on the right hand side. As shown in the Flickr link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157241...posted-public/

If I level the image with respect to the framework inside the hanger, the metal lines in the top right hand corner and the 'Fieldair' sign, it makes the pole and door look slightly unlevelled as shown in the Flickr link bellow:

So my question is which do you think is more suitable (if either of the two) for acceptance without a horizon rejection?

Kindest Regards,
                      Jordan W

Ps. sorry about the Flickr links, my current laptop doesn't allow me to upload images directly to the forum.

Comment

Hey there,

i'm looking for some help with the horizon of a image I took yesterday.
                        So i've tried levelling the image (vertically) a few times now and can't seem to get a version where it all looks to be level,

If I level my image with respect to the light pole, hanger door and vertical objects on the left hand side it looks to be unlevel on the right hand side. As shown in the Flickr link below:

If I level the image with respect to the framework inside the hanger, the metal lines in the top right hand corner and the 'Fieldair' sign, it makes the pole and door look slightly unlevelled as shown in the Flickr link bellow:

So my question is which do you think is more suitable (if either of the two) for acceptance without a horizon rejection?

Kindest Regards,
                        Jordan W
                        First one is better.

Comment

First one is better.
                          Cheers for that! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Hey there,

so I had this image of a Spitfire rejected due to Undersharpen (soft) in which I appealed as I didn't agree with it.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I understand that the appeal was rejected and fair enough if the standards were not met for the website, however, I was curious about the comments left by the admin dealing with the appeal which were "too much use of noise reduction tools which caused a overall soft photo".

I have never used any form or type of noise reduction in any editing software in my time uploading to JP so was really just confused as to how this was determined? Is it due to the level of softness in the image or is there more involved in identifying this specifically?

I only bring this up to get an idea for future images and what to identify prior to putting them into the queue,

Jordan W

Comment

Hey there,

so I had this image of a Spitfire rejected due to Undersharpen (soft) in which I appealed as I didn't agree with it.

I understand that the appeal was rejected and fair enough if the standards were not met for the website, however, I was curious about the comments left by the admin dealing with the appeal which were "too much use of noise reduction tools which caused a overall soft photo".

I have never used any form or type of noise reduction in any editing software in my time uploading to JP so was really just confused as to how this was determined? Is it due to the level of softness in the image or is there more involved in identifying this specifically?

I only bring this up to get an idea for future images and what to identify prior to putting them into the queue,

Jordan W
                              I think it's just so out of focus it looks like it's been hit by too much NR, which can cause a similar looking effect.

Comment

I think it's just so out of focus it looks like it's been hit by too much NR, which can cause a similar looking effect.
                                No worries! Thanks heaps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X