Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed in Iran

  1. #1
    Member ErezS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ra'anana, Israel
    Posts
    443

    Default The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed in Iran

    The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed near the city of Semirom in Isfahan province: Emergency official .

    #BREAKING# An ATR passenger plane flying from Tehran to Yasuj in western #Iranhas disappeared from radars.50 to 60 passengers on board. Take off at 1:30 (GMT) (5 am local time)

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Khaaasteh...25444189204480

    Apparently this is one of these aircrafts:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos...d&sort-order=0

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18

    Default

    This 2018 just started and we had already 2 plane crashes!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Preliminary report out:

    http://avherald.com/h?article=4b511c15&opt=0

    17,400 hours and then this clusterf*ck.

    Could it be that airmanship is no match for human factors?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Preliminary report out:

    http://avherald.com/h?article=4b511c15&opt=0

    17,400 hours and then this clusterf*ck.

    Could it be that airmanship is no match for human factors?
    Could it be that accumulation of flight hours is not the same than airmanship?

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  5. #5
    Senior Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Could it be that accumulation of flight hours is not the same than airmanship?

    ^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

  6. #6
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Could it be that accumulation of flight hours is not the same than airmanship?
    Absolutely. One is a quantity and the other is a quality. Equivalence is not what I'm getting at.

    Could it be that the quality known as 'basic airmanship', which is acquired through practice over time and--let's be honest here--is generally present in pilots with 17,400 hours, is not a constant quality, but rather a variable one which degrades under certain conditions due to factors affecting the relative nature of judgment and perception in the human mind?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Absolutely. One is a quantity and the other is a quality. Equivalence is not what I'm getting at.

    Could it be that the quality known as 'basic airmanship', which is acquired through practice over time and--let's be honest here--is generally present in pilots with 17,400 hours, is not a constant quality, but rather a variable one which degrades under certain conditions due to factors affecting the relative nature of judgment and perception in the human mind?
    Absolutely. But let me ask you a question. What skills do you put in the airmanship bag other that stick and rudder skills?
    Are you including discipline, planning, judgement, conservative decision making, risk assessment and mitigation, and other "soft" skills that keeps you from needing to test your stick and rudder skills?

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  8. #8
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Absolutely. But let me ask you a question. What skills do you put in the airmanship bag other that stick and rudder skills?
    Are you including discipline, planning, judgement, conservative decision making, risk assessment and mitigation, and other "soft" skills that keeps you from needing to test your stick and rudder skills?
    Yes. I think all those things can erode under the right circumstances. And then I think, after 17,400 hours, even the basic stuff can go out the window in a heartbeat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •