Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, show some respect for deceased colleagues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, show some respect for deceased colleagues...

Pilot error is a real thing, but it's not polite to bash the dead. I can accept a hollow jab here or there from mere uninformed enthusiast browsing these forums, but unfortunately it has come to my knowledge that some people posting here are actual real pilots away from the keyboard.

Now let me tell you something: I've been a pilot for the best part of 50 years. I've been flying pretty much everything military as well as civilian. Just remember the next time you park your ass in your pilots seats that the reason you can do so with an almost certainty of reaching your end destination is because of people like me. Back in the 70s and 80s we didn't have the outright ridiculous automation that you are familiar with now. We handflew our birds, and together we brought aviation to where it is now.

Think when you criticize a colleague: How many times have you been in a life or death situation yourself? The likely answer is zero. That's the reason you're being cocky, because you haven't experienced yourself. Especially if you're hauling cargo (we used to have names for these back in the day) you will have NO IDEA of the pressure of moving real people, thousands of them around every day, with the only security they have is the skill of yourself as an aviator.

Please, just think...

Originally posted by Retired_Captain View Post
    ...Please, just think...
    Welcome to the internet...requiring thought is a bit much.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired_Captain View Post
      Now let me tell you something: I've been a pilot for the best part of 50 years. I've been flying pretty much everything military as well as civilian. Just remember the next time you park your ass in your pilots seats that the reason you can do so with an almost certainty of reaching your end destination is because of people like me.
      OOHHH, PUHHHH-LEAZE

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!!!!
      Last edited by Vnav; 2018-03-13, 17:07.
      Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Vnav View Post
        OOHHH, PUHHHH-LEAZE

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!!!!
        I'm for sure not worthy.

Comment

Working...
        X