Guy691 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy691 - Editing Advice

Hey everyone, I'm looking for advice on how I can improve this photo. The aircraft was recently retired and this is one of the only photos I have of it. It's been a doozy to work on. I've done some small edits and CMOS spot corrections, but is there anything else I can do to get it ready for Jetphotos?

I don't get many chances to check this forum, so I'll say thank you to everyone in advance.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by guy691 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for advice on how I can improve this photo. The aircraft was recently retired and this is one of the only photos I have of it. It's been a doozy to work on. I've done some small edits and CMOS spot corrections, but is there anything else I can do to get it ready for Jetphotos?

I don't get many chances to check this forum, so I'll say thank you to everyone in advance.
    Would be rejected for overprocessed due to the visible editing halos. These are likely due to the D-lighting feature in your D3300. If you create a new jpeg from the original RAW (.NEF) file, you should be able to eliminate them. If you do not have a RAW file, there is unfortunately nothing you can do.

Comment

Dang, I was afraid of that. I got rid of the RAWs a long time ago to save space, so I guess this is for loss. Nikon with their presets...

Thanks for the advice, hopefully this can serve as a caution to other newbie photographers who use Nikon.

Comment

Looking for an opinion on this one. Is the grass at the bottom in front of the main landing gear breaking 3.5, the rule about obstructions? I would say it does except the shutter speed makes it translucent, so you can still make out the wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A7-ALJ_S.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	763.5 KB
ID:	1023036

Thank you to all that reply, as always.

Comment

Looking for an opinion on this one. Is the grass at the bottom in front of the main landing gear breaking 3.5, the rule about obstructions? I would say it does except the shutter speed makes it translucent, so you can still make out the wheel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14596[/ATTACH]

Thank you to all that reply, as always.
          The grass on the gear may be a problem, but the lack of direct light would mean it would be rejected for dark/contrast anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Comment

It was pretty off and on cloudy that day. I'll keep the grass in mind for the other photos I took that day, thanks.

Comment

This is another old photo I found today, tried editing using some new techniques. Does this look ok?

Name:	N640VA_S_colin.JPG
Size:	870.8 KB
ID:	1023155

Comment

This is another old photo I found today, tried editing using some new techniques. Does this look ok?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14752[/ATTACH]
                Only a year and a half ago, not that old

The quality is ok, but looks like there is a window reflection in the top right corner.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Only a year and a half ago, not that old

The quality is ok, but looks like there is a window reflection in the top right corner.
                  Oh yeah, I thought that was a cloud or something but I see it now. Thanks!

Comment

I had to wrestle with a fence earlier today to get photos of this bird. Is this an acceptable crop?

Name:	N113UW.JPG
Size:	725.5 KB
ID:	1027667

Comment

I had to wrestle with a fence earlier today to get photos of this bird. Is this an acceptable crop?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15358[/ATTACH]
                      Probably not, but the blown out sky is the real killer.

Comment

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X