Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan owes me a package of cookies.

Situation: Very ordinary turbulence

"Hello from the flight deck, we think things are going to smooth out in a few minutes and then I'll turn off the seatbelt sign"

FA's begin drink service. Some ordinary bumps occur.

Head FA: "Flight attendants get the carts out of the aisles...get the carts out of the aisles"

Ordinary bumps end, normal lavatory use ensues, no yelling over the intercoms nor threats of zip ties.

Type specific training kicks in and procedures are followed, flight attendants generally absent.

Shall we at least run the aisles and pass out the cookies? Pour up a bunch of water and pass it out? Noooooooo. That would be cowboy-monkey-improvisation...remember your training...remember your procedures!

Corporate black and white thinking and mindless adherence to the proper procedure, plenty of training emphasizing procedures...to the detriment of fundamentals....

Courtesy of the many black and white thinking friends of Evan!
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Corporate black and white thinking and mindless adherence to the proper procedure, plenty of training emphasizing procedures...to the detriment of fundamentals....
    I'm well aware of this age-old phenomena of seeing others through a lens distorted by one's own ignorance, a.k.a. prejudice, but where in 5,500 posts on this forum did you get the idea I would advocate anything like that.

Please tell me because this is starting to get old.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      I'm well aware of this age-old phenomena of seeing others through a lens distorted by one's own ignorance, a.k.a. prejudice, but where in 5,500 posts on this forum did you get the idea I would advocate anything like that.

Please tell me because this is starting to get old.
      All of the following statements are basically true (kinda absolute for me, but...)

The described cookie incident where near nothing was done after parking the drink carts.

That passing out the cookies might deviate from 'the established service procedure' and require 'cowboy improvisation' (where did that term come from?)

The flight attendants receive much training in safety and snack service, with many rules and processes and probably even checklists.

Black and white thinking is common in the world- and was somewhat evident in this case.

Black and white thinking is pervasive in much more than 55 of Evan's posts...he is NOT_well aware of that. (Today's post count is 5555 and he cited 5500, meaning there must be 55 where he advocated not passing out cookies during times of minimal turbulence?)

There is subtle humour in this, with a tiny shred of fact.

Evan is not_directly responsible for my lack of cookies, but the thought processes are notably similar.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X