Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunken TAP Air Portugal co-pilot leaves more than 100 airline passengers stranded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken TAP Air Portugal co-pilot leaves more than 100 airline passengers stranded

More than 100 plane passengers were left stranded in Germany because of a drunken co-pilot.

A Portuguese airline apologised for keeping travellers at Stuttgart airport after cancelling the flight at the last minute.

Shortly before the TAP Air Portugal flight was due to take off to Lisbon on Friday night, an airport employee noticed the co-pilot walking unsteadily and smelling of alcohol.

The question we cannot answer, but are all asking...

What if the "airport employee" hadn't noticed...
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      The question we cannot answer, but are all asking...

What if the "airport employee" hadn't noticed...
      It was on German TV. And first of all I thought, shunt, please not on my little home airport. And what can I say, "we" are lucky, it wasn't our home airport.

So, what should I say. The guys at STR have done a good job. Afaik, this F/O tried to start the engines with not less than .. 2 per mill of pure alcohol in his blood..

How did he ever find the cockpit?

The "what if" or "why didn't you... a day or a week before.." is not really my interest!

I'm only interested in this very moment. What has happened until now. Or what hasn't.
      Knock on Wood, TeeVee has learned what these words mean in German.

And the consequences for the TP F/O are harsh. He lost his ATPL license, afaik. Berufsverbot, in German.
      Don't know if in the future he'll be able to regain it.

So, let me say it with one quite big Dutch brewery (also present in Melbourne last weekend..): When you fly, never drink!

PS: For LH pilots, there is zero tolerance. That means, zero per mill.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
      X