Wheat - rejection and editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheat - rejection and editing advice

Can someone please crop my photos so they can be submitted because when I keep trying to submit it keeps saying it's too big despite being JPG.

Originally posted by Wheat View Post
    Can someone please crop my photos so they can be submitted because when I keep trying to submit it keeps saying it's too big despite being JPG.
    You're going to need to find a (free) photo editor and learn to do it yourself. Relying on other people to edit your photos isn't the best idea, especially when re-sizing is only one of several steps you will need to do to make photos acceptable for here. Simply resizing an image and submitting it will almost certainly result in a rejection, as getting centering, horizon, exposure, sharpness, etc... perfect straight out of the camera is extremely challenging, even for the most experienced photographers.

Comment

Wheat - rejection and editing advice

I'm a pretty understanding person when it comes to advice,but I think my photo should not have been declined. What infuriates me even more is it got rejected in less then 2 minutes which shows the person who went over mine rushed. I checked the reason for rejection and it said it was "too hot" yet I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with a photo of it from this angle. I appealed it yet there was no reason for rejection it was just a quality issue (again absurd).I did it a last time and the screener had a bunch of stuff wrong with it, and half of it if not most was false. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6482448 please check out the photo and tell me what you think.

Comment

It also got rejected because it wasn't specific enough in the remarks, even though there wasn't much more I could say

Comment

It also got rejected because it wasn't specific enough in the remarks, even though there wasn't much more I could say
          Take it easy. People who use this forum/website (I think all or most of them are volunteers) are here to help and learn (like me) too. I'm a user just like you and agree with the rejection as the photos has many problems/issues.

Take a breath, read the upload guidelines and think about your workflow. If you follow the instructions everything will gonna be alright.

If you need any help just post here and people will help you!

Best,

Vinicius

Comment

Can you help me edit it

Comment

Can you help me edit it
              Yes, but I just can help with the points/topics I really know/understand. Many things I'm learning just like you But there always a JP Crew member to help too. You can post your rejected photos here and we can discuss which points can be improved and if it is possible.

Best!

Vinicius

Comment

Hi,

I suggest you read the upload guideline in the forum before uploading again. The most obvious reason to reject this photo is the obstruction on the right of the photo. It is also very soft on the right.

Comment

I'm a pretty understanding person when it comes to advice,but I think my photo should not have been declined. What infuriates me even more is it got rejected in less then 2 minutes which shows the person who went over mine rushed. I checked the reason for rejection and it said it was "too hot" yet I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with a photo of it from this angle. I appealed it yet there was no reason for rejection it was just a quality issue (again absurd).I did it a last time and the screener had a bunch of stuff wrong with it, and half of it if not most was false. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6482448 please check out the photo and tell me what you think.
                  You submitted the image as hot, even though there was no valid reason for this - thus the image was rejected for invalid hot. By submitting it as hot, it went immediately to the front of the queue, which is why it was screened in such a short time. You should check the upload guidelines for what constitutes a hot image to avoid this mistake in the future. A different angle than other photos already accepted is not a reason for an image to be considered hot.

Besides that, there are multiple quality issues with your photo(s). I will explain them here, as you seem to be a little overwhelmed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20752_1522706717.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	1023128

This image is very soft, and obstructed at the nose by another aircraft's wing.

Name:	31697_1522707400.jpg
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	1023129

This image is also quite soft, very poorly cropped and centered (you've cut the tail off), and the horizon is tilted in a very major way.

Name:	91483_1522708886.jpg
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	1023130

This image is dark, soft, noisy, too widely cropped, and in fact had the wrong registration entered: N475UA is correct, but you put N745UA.

Editing will not make any of these images acceptable; for the first the obstruction from the other wing will never be acceptable, nor will the crop on the second. The third could be cropped tighter, but the poor light makes it unlikely an edit good enough for acceptance could be produced.

Take a look at these issues, and come back with any questions you may have. It would also be a good idea to compare your images to ones already accepted in the DB to see where yours are lacking.

Comment

What wasn't clear in what we wrote above ? Why did you come back and appealed that 777 rejection ???

Sorry but with such attitude I'm not sure JP will be the right place for you...

Alex

Comment

I'm confused on how to edit soft photos

How do you edit a photo that's soft

Comment

Hi,
                        I believe that before we give you more advices we would love you to reply to the previous thread you opened.

Thank you

Comment

Ok I'm sorry for getting upset.

Comment

That isn't the question, the question is WHY did you appeal that picture after all the explanations we gave you ? This was the attitude I was talking about....

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                              Hi,
                              I believe that before we give you more advices we would love you to reply to the previous thread you opened.

Thank you
                              I've merged the two threads now, and yes, we do ask to keep all relevant questions to the same thread please.
                              Last edited by dlowwa; 2018-04-04, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X