KLAS - Editing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLAS - Editing help

Hi all! I was wondering if you could take a look at the following photos and help me with some editing suggestions if they at all have a chance at making it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0720.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	1045357Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0661.JPG
Size:	552.4 KB
ID:	1045358Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0403.JPG
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	1045360

Thank you all in advance!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by KLAS View Post
    Hi all! I was wondering if you could take a look at the following photos and help me with some editing suggestions if they at all have a chance at making it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]14907[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14908[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14910[/ATTACH]

Thank you all in advance!
    These would unfortunately all be rejected for various quality issues. If you would like, I can specify the exact problems, let me know.

Comment

RE: editing help

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      These would unfortunately all be rejected for various quality issues. If you would like, I can specify the exact problems, let me know.
      Please do. I only have a Nikon Coolpix B500 so should I even bother trying to upload photos on Jetphotos? Also, I submitted two (the United 737/A320) and they were rejected, but there was no "bad quality" noted on the rejection reasons.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Please do. I only have a Nikon Coolpix B500 so should I even bother trying to upload photos on Jetphotos? Also, I submitted two (the United 737/A320) and they were rejected, but there was no "bad quality" noted on the rejection reasons.

Thanks for your help.
        In the future, please do not post photos that are already in the queue. The point is to have them pre-screened before submitting them, so as to not take up slots in the queue if they are destined to be rejected.

The images had problems with softness, leveling, centering, contrast, among others. Better editing would fix some of these issues, but not all. Shooting with a compact superzoom does present some issues, as such cameras tend to sacrifice quality for versatility, but you've compounded the quality issue by the conditions you've decided to shoot in. Most of these are taken through windows, which will always reduce the quality. You'll need to limit yourself to outdoor shots on sunny days without too much distance between you and the aircraft if you hope to get the quality needed to have images accepted here. That being said, under the right conditions (and a good edit), there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get an image accepted.

Comment

Editing Help

Hello everyone! I would like to ask for some advice on editing these photos that I took before I submit them. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1275.JPG
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	1029853Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1227.JPG
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	1029854Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1206.JPG
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	1029855

Comment

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to seek advice on the forums. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the photographs you have displayed here are backlit; meaning the sun is in front of you on the backside of the aircraft making the side which is visible dark. The final photo in the sequence is very blurry and unfocused. Try to take photographs with the sun behind you making the visiable side light and ensure you have your camera set to center-point focusing.

Keep trying it does take time to work out everything that's needed to take a good photograph. Good Luck!

Many thanks

Comment

Hello everyone! I would like to ask for some advice on editing these photos that I took before I submit them. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18037[/ATTACH]
              In addition to Christophers input, #1 is also too not centred and #2 too blurry.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find different, non-backlit spots next time

Comment

Editing Help

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1057_1.JPG
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1043261

Hi! Does anyone have any advice about editing this photo before I submit it?

Thanks!

P.S: the image quality was decreased a bit during attachment to this post.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29217[/ATTACH]

Hi! Does anyone have any advice about editing this photo before I submit it?
                    Yes, don't submit it. In all seriousness, it would be rejected for soft, dark, contrast, vignetting, and overprocessing. A completely new edit may address some of those issues, but not sure the quality/light is there to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                    X