Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Jetphotos Acceptance Question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2

    Default Jetphotos Acceptance Question


    Hi everyone,
    I am wondering if these get accepted into Jetphtos? (watermark will be removed)
    On the guidelines, it only says

    5.1 Backlit


    As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage.
    As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.


    An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a silhouette sunset/sunrise type of shot.

    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zk-ZQE Watermark.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	14994  

  2. #2
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japanair772 View Post

    Hi everyone,
    I am wondering if these get accepted into Jetphtos? (watermark will be removed)
    On the guidelines, it only says

    5.1 Backlit


    As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage.
    As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.


    An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a silhouette sunset/sunrise type of shot.

    Thanks
    Silhouette shots of this type are accepted, given the quality meets the usual standards.

  3. #3
    Member crisquijano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Japanair... in addition, make sure you read the guidelines. These type of shots require you to tick the “night shot” and “exclude form fr24” boxes I believe.

  4. #4
    Junior Member guy691's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    "Night shot" automatically excludes from FR24 as long as there are other suitable images in the database, so there is no need to select "exclude from FR24"

  5. #5
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy691 View Post
    "Night shot" automatically excludes from FR24 as long as there are other suitable images in the database, so there is no need to select "exclude from FR24"
    Sorry, you are incorrect. 'Night Shot' does not automatically exclude from FR24. Pick any recently added image marked as Night Shot (B-1065 for example), and you will see it displays perfectly well on FR24.

  6. #6
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    12,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guy691 View Post
    "Night shot" automatically excludes from FR24 as long as there are other suitable images in the database, so there is no need to select "exclude from FR24"
    Sorry, you are incorrect. 'Night Shot' does not automatically exclude from FR24. Pick any recently added image marked as Night Shot (B-1065 for example), and you will see it displays perfectly well on FR24.
    Correct. At the beginning, photos categorized as Night Shot were automatically excluded, but we changed that to allow also perfectly clear sunset shots to be displayed in FR24. So, either the photographer or the screener have to manually select "Exclude from FR24" if the photo doesn't show the whole aircraft good enough.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Correct. At the beginning, photos categorized as Night Shot were automatically excluded, but we changed that to allow also perfectly clear sunset shots to be displayed in FR24. So, either the photographer or the screener have to manually select "Exclude from FR24" if the photo doesn't show the whole aircraft good enough.
    Is a bad (ie. forgotten) "Exclude from FR24" cause for rejection?
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

    Felipe Garcia

  8. #8
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
    Is a bad (ie. forgotten) "Exclude from FR24" cause for rejection?
    No, we will always fix that one for you.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    No, we will always fix that one for you.
    Ah ok, thanks.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

    Felipe Garcia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •