Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Oleksiy Naumov - Pre-screen please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default Oleksiy Naumov - Pre-screen please

    Hi. Is this one of acceptable quality?
    Thank you

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7-ANA.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	545.7 KB 
ID:	15015

  2. #2
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    Hi. Is this one of acceptable quality?
    Thank you

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7-ANA.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	545.7 KB 
ID:	15015
    Most probably not due to contrast issue and also a very soft, almost "plastic" appearance which probably results from too much noise reduction.

    Regards
    Alex

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I am concerned about contrast - yes. No noise reduction used here at all. Thank you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    could you please give me your opinion on this one? thanks

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOG1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	626.2 KB 
ID:	15080

  5. #5
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    could you please give me your opinion on this one? thanks

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOG1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	626.2 KB 
ID:	15080
    Might have some issues with overprocessing, as there are some light halos visible.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Might have some issues with overprocessing, as there are some light halos visible.
    thanks. processing is done the usual way - some brightness and contrast and dust removal, however it does look quite weird. I noticed this when an object this big fills the entire frame. This shouldn't happen as I have a very high quality L lens, so not really sure what the reason for this is

  7. #7
    JetPhotos.Net Crew Julian S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    near EDFH, Germany
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    This shouldn't happen as I have a very high quality L lens, so not really sure what the reason for this is
    Have you touched the Clarity or Shadows/Highlights?
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    hi. how about this bad-weather shot?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8245.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	505.6 KB 
ID:	15968

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Hello Oleksiy,

    I'm not screener but your picture is dark, underexposed, and borderline contrast.

    Moreover a bird is on the right wing, maybe it could be a rejection.

    After correction, I was able to get that but would still be rejected.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19052018-IMG_8245.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	631.0 KB 
ID:	15976

    Regards

    Olivier

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Hi Oliver,

    Thanks. I actually have more photos with similar conditions and more of this one without the bird, which I did not notice, so thanks for spotting that.
    I'm more concerned about overall weather conditions and being able to make something acceptable out of it.

    Here's another try:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PH-BQI.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	593.6 KB 
ID:	16001

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Hi Julian. Sorry I've missed this. Yet, it is possible I could have touched shadows there

  12. #12
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    Hi Oliver,

    Thanks. I actually have more photos with similar conditions and more of this one without the bird, which I did not notice, so thanks for spotting that.
    I'm more concerned about overall weather conditions and being able to make something acceptable out of it.

    Here's another try:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PH-BQI.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	593.6 KB 
ID:	16001
    Would be rejected for dark/contrast, horizon, and vignetting.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    thanks. while horizon and vignetting can be fixed, is there a chance to fix the contrast here?

  14. #14
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,405

    Default

    No it's really one for the personal collection as the light is really bad, and the subject is very common as well.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    noted, thanks!

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    How about this one, please? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7-BEH.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	16134

  17. #17
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    How about this one, please? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7-BEH.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	16134
    Would be rejected for contrast, among other things. Not fixable.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    thanks

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Hello. Are these backlit, please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC-ACL.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	17225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ES-SAM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	17226

  20. #20
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleksiy Naumov View Post
    Hello. Are these backlit, please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC-ACL.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	17225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ES-SAM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	17226
    Yes, amongst other flaws, BACKLIGHT is the main killer here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •