Missing Manufacture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Manufacture

Im trying to upload photos of N910MM and N843P, but I cant because the aircraft manufacture does not exist for either of them. They are both new regs for jetphotos. I did the submit form thing, taking the information from faa.gov for each aircraft, and both got rejected. N910MM is a Vans RV and somehow Vans doesnt show up. How should I proceed?

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
    Im trying to upload photos of N910MM and N843P, but I cant because the aircraft manufacture does not exist for either of them. They are both new regs for jetphotos. I did the submit form thing, taking the information from faa.gov for each aircraft, and both got rejected. N910MM is a Vans RV and somehow Vans doesnt show up. How should I proceed?
    Your requests were rejected since both already exist in the DB.

Since both are homebuilt aircraft, you will find N910MM under Homebuilt Aircraft -> Vans -> Vans RV-9A

The Lightning you will find under Homebuilt Aircraft -> Arion -> Arion Lightning

Comment

To be honest, that isn't a good way to categorize home built planes. If its a home built, make it a check mark. It prevented me from uploading the photos at first because I didn't know there was a home built section under the manufacture. Very misleading. The manufacture should be Vans or Arion.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
        To be honest, that isn't a good way to categorize home built planes. If its a home built, make it a check mark. It prevented me from uploading the photos at first because I didn't know there was a home built section under the manufacture. Very misleading. The manufacture should be Vans or Arion.
        Well, if you want to be pedantic, they are kits that are put together (i.e. manufactured) by the individual, so no, it's not that misleading. And changing the whole system simply because you were unable to figure it out on the first go is probably not going to happen, but I'll let the DB editors make the final call on that

Comment

In future, if you take a picture of a small General Aviation Aircraft where the type has several examples in the database, and in the case of Van’s, hundreds of examples, but the manufacturer is not found take a look under the generic headings Homebuilt Aircraft, Ultralight Aircraft, Lighter-than-air Aircraft (for Balloons) or Gliding Aircraft as appropriate. The very fact that there are hundreds of the type already in the database surely should make you wonder ?
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Please help me under what categories I can find Dyn'Aéro CR-100 aircraft.
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by IT88 View Post
              Please help me under what categories I can find Dyn'Aéro CR-100 aircraft.
              Thank you!
              Did you read the earlier posts in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Did you read the earlier posts in this thread?
                Yes I did.
                It was totally my mistake. Probably need to go to sleep...
                Thanks, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                X