No announcement yet.

Southwest Airlines Engine Failure, Passenger Near Sucked Out of the Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be better if the engine RPM was reduced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo-rdcu4ek
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      Annoying getting painted with a broad brush, isn't it, Counselor?
      Hey ATL. Sometimes I wonder, who is the rare guest here, you or me. 635 entries in 5 years. That's not so bad. That means, until December I have to write one or two entries.

Back on topic. That's not a topic where somebody should laugh. But TeeVee sometimes forgets his profession. Or what's he complaining about?

This topic is about... material fatigue. So. LH does no longer own one 737 (!), which in my eyes - and also after I've watched the photo here in the #9 again and again - is not such a perfect decision. Intercontinental airlines like LH or UA imho are big enough to operate
      A320
      and
      B737.

Btw, not only "big enough" but also curious enough. Both sides of the medal are interesting, the A and the B. But that's only one opinion.

Thus, we have to ask United Airlines. Do they expect problems with CFM engines, in their A320s or in their B737s?
      [I'd rather say no. UA is an experienced airline, they are in the air since 1931. And since then, they know how to operate maintenance crews.]

Afaik, CFM also delivers jet engines for the A320..

PS: What jetphotos is good for.. I've found a jetphoto where the difference between a 737 jet engine and a 747 jet engine is on one photo. Afaik, the 737 is parallel, but behind the 747. One 737 should at least be a little bit more than half a 747.. Here it is. And, size does not really matter, we all need healthy engines.
      The SouthWest nightblue 737, with her bigger sister.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        Back on topic. That's not a topic where somebody should laugh. But TeeVee sometimes forgets his profession. Or what's he complaining about?

This topic is about... material fatigue. So. LH does no longer own one 737 (!), which in my eyes - and also after I've watched the photo here in the #9 again and again - is not such a perfect decision. Intercontinental airlines like LH or UA imho are big enough to operate
        A320
        and
        B737.

Btw, not only "big enough" but also curious enough. Both sides of the medal are interesting, the A and the B. But that's only one opinion.

Thus, we have to ask United Airlines. Do they expect problems with CFM engines, in their A320s or in their B737s?
        [I'd rather say no. UA is an experienced airline, they are in the air since 1931. And since then, they know how to operate maintenance crews.]

Afaik, CFM also delivers jet engines for the A320..

PS: What jetphotos is good for.. I've found a jetphoto where the difference between a 737 jet engine and a 747 jet engine is on one photo. Afaik, the 737 is parallel, but behind the 747. One 737 should at least be a little bit more than half a 747.. Here it is. And, size does not really matter, we all need healthy engines.
        The SouthWest nightblue 737, with her bigger sister.
        Glad you got back on topic there LH! You always have so much to add to the discussion, it's so refreshing to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
          Glad you got back on topic there LH! You always have so much to add to the discussion, it's so refreshing to see.
          Sarcasm “Off” ??
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Sarcasm “Off” ??
            Yeah Bobby, kind a double standard on the blue font issue- you are always so serious, I'm just not sure....
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              Yeah Bobby, kind a double standard on the blue font issue- you are always so serious, I'm just not sure....

I forget about the blue font thing! Sorry, I'll try and remember next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                I forget about the blue font thing! Sorry, I'll try and remember next time.
                Yes please, because nobody realized that it was sarcasm. (would blue font apply here too?)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                  Yes please, because nobody realized that it was sarcasm. (would blue font apply here too?)

Comment

• Perhaps we need a 'blue font' procedure, with years of training for all of us and maybe a checklist as well

HAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by vaztr View Post
                      Perhaps we need a 'blue font' procedure, with years of training for all of us and maybe a checklist as well

HAHA
                      Indeed...

...because fundamental concepts like 'if it seems grossly inaccurate, it might be sarcasm' are NOT sufficient in this day and age!

Comment

• or, and i really am not directing this toward anyone in particular, everyone needs to grow some bloody skin! it's amazing how folks on internet fora get insulted and angry over what some total stranger on the web writes.

damn al gore for inventing this thing!

Comment

• Another passenger window fails on Southwest flight

The outer pane cracked and with part of it reportedly missing. The inner panes held.

However...

Originally posted by CNN
                          There was no depressurization in the cabin, and therefore the oxygen masks were not deployed.
                          Isn't is standard safe procedure to deploy the masks as a precaution when a passenger window crack is detected at high altitude? AFAIK it is for the cockpit.

Comment

• Maintenance reportedly replaced broken window and upholstery on nearby seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	southwest_b737_n713sw_cleveland_180502_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1027782

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                              Isn't is standard safe procedure to deploy the masks as a precaution when a passenger window crack is detected at high altitude? AFAIK it is for the cockpit.
                              Pure Parlour Ass-umptive discussion:

The passengers (the system) only have a short time of O2 available.

AND I think it would be safer to maybe do a NORMAL descent with ATC having plenty of time to manage traffic and to be gentle on remaining window, instead of the high performance 'dive' down into lower air traffic.

But if you pop the masks and passengers pull on the hose, a whole bunch of 02 generators are popped, heat is generated (anyone remember Critter airlines?), concentrated O2 is generated (ever see how fire responds to that in High School Chemistry?), and THEN the O2 runs out after 10 min...but what if you are still stepping down in crowded airspace, and THEN the window blows?

As much as I like to ask (and learn) why the crew did/didn't do this or that, it sure seems like you are usually going to infer that they somehow did it wrong.

If Navie/BBee/ATLIE care to enlighten our sad little Internet world, great. Gabby, may or may not also join in at some length.

I also maybe sorta think that cracked windows happen a little more often than we USED to hear about...yeah, sensitivity in the media is cranked up a notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                Maintenance reportedly replaced broken window and used some good cleaner.
                                Fixed?

On the other hand, yeah pull out a couple rows and as long as you got 'em out put three back.

Comment

Working...
                                X