Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upload without specific day by photodate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload without specific day by photodate ?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure my question was discussed by other users the other day but I cannot find it anymore.

I would like to upload some pics from DUS without the exact day. I only can mention the month and year for special reasons.

Is this possible and if yes how do I make it in the upload process?

Brgds

Rainer

Hi Rainer,

Unfortunatly you can't upload anymore with only a month and year. You need to fill in an a full date.
    The upload page normally uses the exif to autofill the date of the shot.

Otherwise you can change the date manually.

Brgds
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately the database currently is setup to require a specific date.

It is on our list of things to look into as we can see the benefit of just providing a month and year in some circumstances.

Thanks,
      Laurence

Comment

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply and explanaition.

When do you think that it would be fixed so that I can try it again?

BrgdS

R. Spoddig

Comment

Originally posted by comet1 View Post
          I really can't give an answer at the moment. We have quite a few higher priority things to work on so it could be some time.

Comment

Originally posted by comet1 View Post
            Hi,

thank you for your quick reply and explanaition.

BrgdS

R. Spoddig
            You can use the first or last day oh the months and add the info "date approximate" in the comments.

Comment

Hi seahawk,

I just got some rejections after doing so!

Shall I apply or what shall I do?

Best greetings

Rainer

Comment

HI,

rejected after appeal:Admin Comments >> Easy tot track via fr24 so.
                I gave extra the link to this thread during the appeal! !

I don't understand why the proposal of a forum administrator is overrided.
                I know the exact date of all these pics but have to keep the exact date hidden to protect my companion who made this apron tour possible.

That's the reason why I asked in the forum.

Best regards

Rainer

Comment

If the person who took you on the ramp could get in trouble I would not upload at all because, as it's been said, even with a fake date it's really easy to track the correct one via FR24

Comment

Hi,

this person itself just proposed and agreed that the pics can be uploaded without the exact date to make it not too obvious at the first sight.It is more a precaution than that real trouble is expectable. Otherwise I would have refrained from uploading of course.

But this is not the real point!
                    In the beginning I have asked for an advice and got the answer from an administrator how to make it.
                    After taking time to upload many pics exactly how it was advised and waiting almost 12 days for screenIng most of the pics were rejected for exactly doing so! Intrestingly one was accepted.

Especially after the appeal with the link to this thread the pics should have been accepted.

Pls make up your final mind in the team and tell me what to do now to avoid wasting time for senseless uploading and screening.

Thxs and brgds

Rainer

Comment

Congratulations and thank you very much for consequent and permanet ignoring my issue after the rejections for "date" although I did exactly what your own admin seahawk proposed in this thread.
                      What is the sense of this forum, when you get advises from admins the screeners don't care about at all ?
                      And when you give the hint to this in the appeal mails it is ignored again and you get senseless answers or at the end none at all

Is it really a problem to at least apologize and inform me when a former known rule might have changed or is not valid and explain it ?
                      Instead of that you leave an uploader of more than 10 years as stupid behind.

jetphotos new style of communication?
                      Hopefully only a bad exception.

Comment

Hi,
                        we have been discussing the issue for 4 days among us, it's not because you're not getting an absolute immediate reply that we're ignoring an issue. The admin who gave you that advice thought you were talking about old pics which you had no idea about the date. When we realised that those were very recent pics, non-sensitive, for which it's extremely easy to get the date via FR24, we have no reasons to accept an obviously wrong date in the database.
                        So yes there was a misunderstanding at first but now we came to the consensus that for this batch, we see no reasons to hide the date. If the correct date could get your friend in trouble, then like I said before, the best would be to keep the shots for yourself

Regards
                        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

thank you for your quick reply. Now I understand the confusion and everything is fine now.

Sad, but then I have to keep the pics in my collection only.

So I look forward, when the announced update of your software will allow uploads without a specific day.
                          I know that some photographer don't like to be tracked exactly and don't want to upload pics with a specific date. Or, like in my case, there are understandable reasons to do so.

Tracking via FR24 is in the free version only for 7 days possible. For longer reviews you need imo the silver or gold account which not everybody, especially outside the spotter-scene has.

Have a nice weekend!

Rainer

Comment

Hello Rainer,

I must apologize, I thought that you were referring to pics taken in film days, when you had no EXIF and the film only shows the date it was developed. I had not thought of the possibility that you were referring to recent pics. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Hi Stefan,

after quite a while I locked in the forum again and just read your post.

Everything is fine. It was just a misunderstanding from both sides. No problem !

Maybe it would have helped if the screeners who answered to the appeals would have reacted to my argues and explained the misunderstanding directly.
                              This was the only thing I got a little upset about.

Best greetings and always happy spotting

Rainer

Comment

Working...
                              X